The explorer's ring 3 is a reward from the beginner, easy and Medium Lumbridge achievements. It is obtained by talking to Ned in Draynor Village, and may be retrieved by speaking with him again - charges on the ring will be unaffected if lost, unless the recharge time is passed between losing it and retrieving it.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- Examine boxes now show up correctly in the bank interface and the explorer's ring alchemy interface.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Some level 33 Defence requirements have been removed from functions on the explorer's ring.
- patch 10 November 2014 (Update):
- The 33 Defence requirement has been removed from the explorers' ring 3 and 4, as players only need to start and not complete Dragon Slayer to acquire the ring.
- patch 11 January 2012 (Update):
- The "You have already used your low alchemy charges" message will no longer appear when quickly switching between the Explorer's ring and another ring.
- patch 14 December 2010 (Update):
- The explorer's ring now gives warnings if trying to cast an Alchemy spell on a high value item.
- patch 2 November 2010 (Update):
- The explorer’s ring's High- and Low-level Alchemy and Superheat Item spells now use a different interface to prevent confusion while alching.
- patch 21 September 2010 (Update):
- Prevented alching of the explorer's ring.
- The ring received a small, hidden graphical update on 9 June 2010.
- Ned calls the cabbage-port the dual cabbageway - a reference to a type of road used today (the dual carriageway).
- The cabbage teleport only teleports to a specific cabbage patch in the cabbage field.
- The Explorer's rings are currently the only rings that provide a prayer bonus.
- Cabbage-port is useful for mining on Crandor. There are a lot of rocks on Crandor and it is not a popular mining spot. Players with cabbage-port and who have completed the Dragon Slayer quest can mine on Crandor and use cabbage-port to go to the Entrana Deposit Box in Port Sarim.
- The Explorer's rings 1, 2 and 3 resemble each other and appear to be made of bronze, silver and gold, respectively; however, the explorer ring 4 looks more different and is probably meant to be platinum.
- The inventory icon disappears while using the ring's low-alchemy.