The explorer's ring 3 is a reward from the beginner, easy and medium Lumbridge achievements. It is obtained by talking to Ned in Draynor Village, and may be retrieved by speaking with him again - charges on the ring will be unaffected if lost, unless the recharge time is passed between losing it and retrieving it.
It can be retrieved from Explorer Jack, Bob, or Ned for free if lost. If explorer's ring 4 has been obtained, explorer's ring 3 cannot be retrieved for free. If the player already has any of the explorer's rings, they can also buy an extra explorer's ring 3 for 2,000 coins.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 14 October 2019 (Update):
- In the Alchemy game at the mage training arena, values of the items converted will now change when Alchemy Guardian calls the change, no matter if an Explorer's Ring alchemy interface is used.
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- Examine boxes now show up correctly in the bank interface and the explorer's ring alchemy interface.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Some level 33 Defence requirements have been removed from functions on the explorer's ring.
- patch 10 November 2014 (Update):
- The 33 Defence requirement has been removed from the explorers' ring 3 and 4, as players only need to start and not complete Dragon Slayer to acquire the ring.
- patch 13 January 2014 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to spam the cabbage teleport to prevent PvP attacks from landing.
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- The interfaces for the photo booth, Explorer's ring alchemy, price checker, emotes, trading, and the Dungeoneering party, floor and complexity settings have all been updated.
- patch 11 January 2012 (Update):
- The "You have already used your low alchemy charges" message will no longer appear when quickly switching between the Explorer's ring and another ring.
- patch 14 December 2010 (Update):
- The explorer's ring now gives warnings if trying to cast an Alchemy spell on a high value item.
- patch 2 November 2010 (Update):
- The explorer’s ring's High- and Low-level Alchemy and Superheat Item spells now use a different interface to prevent confusion while alching.
- patch 21 September 2010 (Update):
- Prevented alching of the explorer's ring.
- patch 15 September 2010 (Update):
- Adjusted the script for the various spells found on the Lumbridge Achievement Diary reward (explorer’s ring), so that it continues to work and the interface doesn't close after the first couple of casts.
- The ring received a small, hidden graphical update on 9 June 2010.
- Ned calls the cabbage-port the dual cabbageway - a reference to a type of road used today (the dual carriageway).
- The Explorer's rings 1, 2 and 3 resemble each other and appear to be made of bronze, silver and gold, respectively; however, the explorer ring 4 looks more different and is probably meant to be platinum.