A seal of passage is a neck slot item that is required to talk to or trade with anyone on Lunar Isle, except for Pauline Polaris, until completion of the Lunar Diplomacy quest. The player does not need to have it equipped; having it in their inventory allows the player to talk to the NPCs. It is obtained whilst doing the Lunar Diplomacy quest by talking to Brundt the Chieftain in the longhall in Rellekka. Without the seal, the player will be teleported off of Lunar Isle and back to Rellekka whenever they speak to anyone.
Brundt the Chieftain will replace seals of passage for free if a player loses or destroys it. Brundt will not, however, give players a second one if they already have one in their possession - be it in the bank, on their person, or in their inventory. If a player should ask about obtaining another seal while already having one, he only compliments your expeditions on Lunar Isle, and the conversation ends shortly after. It can also be re-obtained at May's Quest Caravan after putting 150 quest points into the Hub Track.
Because it can be easily re-obtained, it is advisable for players who have not completed Lunar Diplomacy to destroy their seal of passage after completing their visit to Lunar Isle. The reason being is that most players forget their previously banked seal, and don't have access to a nearby bank for retrieval.
As of 7 February 2012, players can use the seal to teleport directly to Lunar Isle, near the summoning obelisk by the main gate, once per day.
The seal became obsolete for most players on 13 March 2012 with the release of the Lodestone Network and its free unlimited teleport to Lunar Island, although the seal's destination is slightly preferable for most purposes.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 8 May 2018 (Update):
- Fixed an issue with the Seal of Passage not sitting correctly on the player.
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- Players can no longer cast alchemy on the Seal of passage.
- patch 19 September 2012 (Update):
- The seal of passage has been given a teleport option whilst equipped.
- patch 19 July 2010 (Update):
- The Lunar Diplomacy quest has improved checks for the seal of passage.
- At 4.5 kg, it is the heaviest item that can be worn in the neck slot.