The mysterious medallion is an item found during The Branches of Darkmeyer. It is very useful for the completion of the quest as it saves time by allowing easy teleportation between Burgh de Rott and Meiyerditch. It is found in a coffin in the tunnels under Burgh de Rott, and is identified by Veliaf Hurtz as belonging to Lord Drakan. Later on in the quest, Vanescula Drakan enchants the medallion to create Drakan's medallion, which adds more teleport destinations around Morytania.
The medallion initially has two destinations:
- Burgh de Rott
- Teleports the player south of the bank in Burgh de Rott, near the entrance to the cave in which the medallion is found and recharged.
- Meiyerditch Laboratories
- Teleports the player to the laboratory in the north-east part of Meiyerditch, specifically right next to the stairs at the entrance.
During The Branches of Darkmeyer quest, upon speaking to Safalaan after obtaining the medallion, he enchants it to have a third destination:
- Teleports the player to the Myreque Hideout in Meiyerditch, specifically at the entrance of the room, next to the ladder.
The medallion has ten charges that do not deplete if the teleports are performed within short distances (i.e. within Morytania.) However, should it run out of charges, it can be recharged by being dipped in the blood pool in the cave in which it was originally found.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 2 March 2020 (Update):.
- Teleport charges added to the Mysterious Medallion now correctly transfer when you upgrade it to Drakan's Medallion.