"Dust mask" redirects here. For the regular mask, see Face mask
The Mask of Dust is a Slayer mask which has an affinity with dust devils. It can be obtained from Treasure Hunter or bought from the Shattered Worlds rewards shop for 45 million anima. It requires level 40 Defence to equip. After 700 dust devil kills, it will become a Helm of Devilry.
- Once per day, while wearing the relevant mask, the next assignment the player receives will be dust devils. They will still need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures (Chaeldar, Sumona, Vannaka, Duradel/Lapalok, Kuradal)– if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op slayer assignment.
- Twice per day, the mask allows the player to teleport to a location where dust devils can be found.
- The mask confers the same damage boost against dust devils (but only while on assignment) as the Slayer helmet.
- Killing dust devils or corrupted dust devils while wearing this mask will grant additional Slayer XP equivalent to the Slayer level required to fight them (in this case, 65). This is given regardless of the current assignment the player has and in addition to assignment and/or contract xp. The XP awarded by the mask can be boosted by items.
- Killing dust devils or corrupted dust devils while wearing the mask will grant double drops for every 10th kill.
- Every creature killed is tallied, while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer XP and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- A right-click option outputs total kills of that creature. If the helm has yet to be unlocked, there’s also a message to say how many more kills are needed to do so.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer XP and double drop effects to the mask.
- This mask will also act as a face mask.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
patch 19 June 2017 (Update):
- Corrupted dust devils are now affected by the mask of dust.
- The mask of dust now provides a teleport to the Sophanem slayer dungeon with at least 97 Slayer.
- patch 20 October 2014 (Update):
- The Mask of Dust teleport now correctly refers to the Smoke Dungeon.