|Release||17 October 2011 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||You will not lose any progress you made with your wicked hood, and you can get another one by speaking to Tam McGrubor in Burthorpe. If it was re-coloured before being destroyed, the colour will be reverted to the standard pink.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A menacing, magical hood which conjures runes and rune essence.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Wicked hood functions the same way as a talisman, granting access to the Runecrafting altars. Before it can serve this function for any given altar, the player must "feed" the talisman or tiara corresponding to that altar to the hood. One hood can serve as a tiara for all altars, once one of each talisman (or tiara) has been fed to the hood. There are exceptions to this: Air and Mind are unlocked automatically; the Astral Altar does not have a talisman, although it requires Lunar Diplomacy and an Omni-talisman to be activated.
If the player loses their wicked hood and does not keepsake it, the player can get a new one for free from Tam McGrubor, and all previously unlocked altars will still be unlocked.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Upgrading[edit | edit source]
Once a talisman is "consumed" by the hood, the hood may teleport to that altar, create that type of rune, and enter that altar. Players can upgrade with other talismans or their corresponding tiaras to expand its repertoire of rune types.
If a player is already in possession of an Omni-talisman or tiara, it is suggested to 'feed' that one to the hood. This will make 'feeding' all other talismans/tiaras obsolete, as the Omni encompasses all (with exception of the Elemental talisman, which may be fed to the hood later without losing the benefits of the Omni-talisman or tiara). To obtain another Omni-talisman, talk to Wizard Elriss. If the player does not have an omni-talisman, using tiaras rather than talismans on the hood is usually cheaper. Whatever item the player 'feeds' to the hood will be lost.
Using an Elemental talisman on the hood allows using the Rune option two times a day.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
The hood has a range of Runecrafting functions:
|Function||Description||Special feature (unlocked if talisman is consumed)|
|Essence||100 un-noted Rune essence||100 un-noted Pure essence daily (Omni-talisman/tiara)|
|Rune||100 F2P runes from the inner circle of the Wicked hood 's interface or 5 P2P runes from the outer circle of the Wicked hood's interface. Click here for the most profitable choice.||Twice per day (Elemental talisman)|
|Teleport||2 daily teleports to any (unlocked) Runecrafting altar.|
|Teleport (right-click)||Unlimited teleports to Wizards' Tower, top floor, at portal to Runecrafting Guild or the Runespan|
It is also possible to upgrade the wicked hood by purchasing wicked equipment from Wizard Finix's Runespan shop. The bonus will be permanent after the player buys these items. Buying more than one piece of each type does not upgrade the hood further.
The extra essence/runes from buying a piece of equipment will be available instantly even if the player has claimed the essence or runes for the day, previous to buying the piece.
|Wicked item||Cost||Extra daily gains:|
|Wicked cape||2,500||+25 essence withdraw, +1 rune withdraw|
|Wicked robe top||15,000||+25 essence withdraw, +1 rune withdraw|
|Wicked legs||7,500||+25 essence withdraw, +1 rune withdraw|
Special set effect: +1 daily teleport
With the introduction of the new update to the Runespan, the Wicked Hood gained an ability to teleport right next to the portal outside the Runecrafting Guild. Right-clicking on the Wicked Hood will reveal "Teleport" and if the player is within Gielinor, the player will automatically teleport to the Runespan portal. However, if the player is within the Runespan and right-clicks the teleport option, the player will be asked to confirm if they want to leave the Runespan and convert the runes and essence in their inventory into Runespan points (this is to avoid accidentally teleporting out of the Runespan).
If a player is Runecrafting with the hood, it is advisable to withdraw the essence at the altar. This allows the player to craft runes from 100 to 175 essence without banking once a day.
If the player attempted to teleport to the Law Altar with banned equipment (armour and weapons not allowed on Entrana), the message, "The power of Saradomin prevents you taking armour or weaponry to Entrana" will appear in the chatbox, the player will remain where they are, and they will not use up a daily teleport charge. Attempting to use the hood during Devious Minds while the pouch containing the orb is in the player's inventory will have the same result. The wicked hood itself is allowed onto Entrana.
Having multiple wicked hoods will not allow a player to get more rune essence or teleports each day. When one wicked hood is fed talismans or tiaras, all other wicked hoods a player owns will also be upgraded.
Other uses[edit | edit source]
Members can use the teleport to the Astral altar to easily switch to the Lunar/Standard Spellbooks. With the addition of the lodestones, this can be considered a waste of the hood's limited teleports, since the Home Teleport spell has unlimited uses and the Wicked Hood teleport is only slightly faster than the Home Teleport spell.
The hood can be even more beneficial in the Great Orb Project (requires level 50 Runecrafting) at the Runecrafting Guild. A more practical choice would be the Ourania Runecrafting Altar (one can easily get over 2k experience a day using this method and only going to the Ourania altar, more than at any other altar - though not as profitable). These two places give double experience per Pure essence crafted. It may also be useful to bring this hood along while making combination runes and are using a binding necklace, even better in conjunction with the Lunar spell Magic Imbue (level 81 Magic).
With the introduction of Divination, the Nature Altar teleport on the Wicked Hood becomes the quickest way (other than hard-to-obtain Nature tabs) to access the level 50 (Gleaming energy) training spot.
Interface[edit | edit source]
The interface, accessed by clicking the hood, shows you the remaining actions you have for the day.
- Essence can be retrieved by clicking the 'Essence' button.
- To make a rune, click the 'Runes' button followed by the rune you would like to make.
- You can teleport to a rune altar by clicking 'Teleport' followed by the appropriate rune (you will be warned if attempting to teleport to an altar which you do not have the Runecrafting level to use).
Should you lose your hood, you can reclaim it from Tam McGrubor at any time, retaining any talismans you have added to the hood, but you may only have one hood at a time. The hood does not drop on death.
The wicked hood can be recoloured through runecrafting in the Runespan.
Runecrafting with the wicked hood[edit | edit source]
Higher experience gains from the wicked hood can be obtained under the bonus experience effect from the Abyss, using a demonic skull to maximise experience if possible. After entering the Abyss its effect remains for 1 minute, during which the player may use the wicked hood to teleport to and runecraft at a runecrafting altar, or take extra essence. The player may gain additional teleports for their wicked hood if they gain wicked hood teleport tokens from Treasure Hunter. The maximum amount of teleports that can be added caps at 250.
Profits[edit | edit source]
This following table calculates the profits from withdrawing runes from the wicked hood. Either 100 F2P-craftable runes or 5 runes of other types can be withdrawn at once. Runes can be withdrawn once per day, or twice if an elemental talisman has been added to the hood. You can remove runes even more times per day if you have pieces of the Wicked robes. The outside ring runes will withdraw 5 runes, while the inside ring runes will withdraw 100.
The following table shows the profit that can be obtained from each altar, using just the essence carried in the hood. Additional runes carried in pouches, inventory and familiar can provide up to 282 more essence increasing profit by 161%, not counting the cost of summoning a familiar and repairing/replacing pouches.
|Altar||Runes per essence||Hood||Hood + 1 piece||Hood + 2 pieces||Hood + full set|
|1 at 1||7,700||9,625||11,550||13,475|
|2 at 11||15,400||19,250||23,100||26,950|
|3 at 22||23,100||28,875||34,650||40,425|
|4 at 33||30,800||38,500||46,200||53,900|
|5 at 44||38,500||48,125||57,750||67,375|
|6 at 55||46,200||57,750||69,300||80,850|
|7 at 66||53,900||67,375||80,850||94,325|
|8 at 77||61,600||77,000||92,400||107,800|
|9 at 88||69,300||86,625||103,950||121,275|
|10 at 99||77,000||96,250||115,500||134,750|
|1 at 1||1,600||2,000||2,400||2,800|
|2 at 14||3,200||4,000||4,800||5,600|
|3 at 28||4,800||6,000||7,200||8,400|
|4 at 42||6,400||8,000||9,600||11,200|
|5 at 56||8,000||10,000||12,000||14,000|
|6 at 70||9,600||12,000||14,400||16,800|
|7 at 84||11,200||14,000||16,800||19,600|
|8 at 98||12,800||16,000||19,200||22,400|
|1 at 5||1,900||2,375||2,850||3,325|
|2 at 19||3,800||4,750||5,700||6,650|
|3 at 38||5,700||7,125||8,550||9,975|
|4 at 57||7,600||9,500||11,400||13,300|
|5 at 76||9,500||11,875||14,250||16,625|
|6 at 95||11,400||14,250||17,100||19,950|
|1 at 9||1,800||2,250||2,700||3,150|
|2 at 26||3,600||4,500||5,400||6,300|
|3 at 52||5,400||6,750||8,100||9,450|
|4 at 78||7,200||9,000||10,800||12,600|
|1 at 14||14,300||17,875||21,450||25,025|
|2 at 35||28,600||35,750||42,900||50,050|
|3 at 70||42,900||53,625||64,350||75,075|
|1 at 20||3,100||3,875||4,650||5,425|
|2 at 46||6,200||7,750||9,300||10,850|
|3 at 92||9,300||11,625||13,950||16,275|
|1 at 27||36,800||46,000||55,200||64,400|
|2 at 59||73,600||92,000||110,400||128,800|
|1 at 35||14,400||18,000||21,600||25,200|
|2 at 74||28,800||36,000||43,200||50,400|
|1 at 40||39,100||48,875||58,650||68,425|
|2 at 82||78,200||97,750||117,300||136,850|
|1 at 44||37,500||46,875||56,250||65,625|
|2 at 91||75,000||93,750||112,500||131,250|
|1 at 54||43,100||53,875||64,650||75,425|
|1 at 65||23,900||29,875||35,850||41,825|
|1 at 77||54,900 ||68,625 ||82,350 ||96,075 |
|0.2 at 90 ||52,280||65,350||78,420||91,490|
- ^ a b c d Can be further increased when the player has completed the Medium Morytania achievements and wears the Morytania legs 2 or higher, or any Ethereal outfit set, allowing each essence a 10% chance of producing a second blood rune.
That provides the following profit values:
Altar Hood Hood + 1 piece Hood + 2 pieces Hood + full set 60,390 75,487.5 90,585 105,682.5
- ^ One essence provides 1/4 of a charge, and it takes 1.25 charges to make one rune, meaning it takes 5 essence to make one rune.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- All Good ( 5) – Fully upgrade the wicked hood.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 29 June 2020 (Update):
- The amount of teleport charges has been increased from 30 to 250.
- The first option on the Wicked Hood can now be configured so to either 'Activate' or 'Previous teleport', which allows for teleportation via the Action Bar.
- The 'Previous teleport' option now states which altar you'll be taken to.
- Withdrawing essences is now faster.
- Withdrawing runes now prompts the player with an input box where they can use all their charges at once.
- Info-boxes have been added in various places for better and more descriptive messaging.
- The Runecrafting Guild teleport is now more appropriately named.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- You are no longer required to have a wicked hood in your inventory to redeem Wicked hood teleport tokens.
- ninja 10 September 2018 (Update):
- Added a worn option to the wicked hood that allows the player to quick teleport to the last location they used the hood to reach.
- patch 3 April 2018 (Update):
- You may now use the wicked hood (if you've unlocked the soul altar on it) to open the fountain to access the Soul Altar beneath Menaphos.
- ninja 5 February 2018 (Update):
- Feedback messages received when interacting with a wicked hood now appear as information boxes instead of chat window messages.
- patch 27 April 2015 (Update):
- Players can no longer activate the wicked hood inside Barbarian Assault games.
- patch 19 June 2012 (Update):
- The Wicked Hood interface no longer has a "teleport" option on the "claim runes" section.
- patch 22 May 2012 (Update):
- Buying a Wicked hood before having claimed one will now correctly initialise the amount of charges it holds.
- Banking a recoloured Wicked item no longer breaks the colouring.
- patch 7 February 2012 (Update):
- The Wicked Hood's destroy message has been updated to point at the correct location to obtain another.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The wicked hood says a variety of things depending on the context.
- Before the soul talisman was released, upon clicking on the Soul icon, the wicked hood would say "...UNDISCOVERED..."
- When the player tries to add a talisman of a type the player has already unlocked, the wicked hood will say "...REDUNDANT..."
- Upon eating a talisman or tiara, the hood proclaims "...DELICIOUS..."
- If the player tries to add anything that is not a talisman or tiara that has been charged with a talisman, the wicked hood will say "...IRRELEVANT..."
- Levelling up Runecrafting after adding a talisman to the hood gives a glitch where the game states that the player has advanced 0 levels.
- The hood the player gets from Wizard Finix used to be a slightly darker colour than the one from Tam. This has since been fixed.
- The wicked hood does not stack when more than one is banked.