|Release||10 October 2016 (Update)|
|Destroy||You can get another one from Sharkborne, the greeter on Waiko's northern dock.|
|Backpack||Check, Put in pocket, Teleport, Charges, Destroy|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A travel brochure for Waiko and the Arc region. It's also used as my Arc journal.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Arc journal is a book that tracks the player's activities on The Arc. It can be obtained by speaking to Sharkborne on Waiko after completing Impressing the Locals. It replaced The Arc: A Tourist's Guide.
Within the journal are pages for each activity and "A Tourist's Guide" at the end. Each activity has different rewards. It is similar to Achievements from the mainland. When a player completes the journal, a friends broadcast is transmitted and the title [Name] the Voyager is unlocked. The minimap icon for treasure chests on Uncharted Isles is also unlocked by completing the Arc journal.
Having completed the journal in combination with having bought all permanent unlocks from the Waiko and Ports Reward Shops rewards the player with the Salty [Name] title by talking with Sensei Hakase.
If there is an active contract, the information is listed on the first page; player does not need to carry the contract list. Up to 25 contract contacts may be stored inside and used from within the Arc journal to summon the active contract giver to turn in an assignment and get a new one if on an Uncharted Isles.
Book info[edit | edit source]
|Databox • Talk page|
Teleports[edit | edit source]
The journal has a right-click teleport option, which gives free access to the dock at Port Sarim. If "Arc journal teletabs" reward is unlocked in the Waiko Reward Shop, then the journal can also be used to remotely access any of the seven Arc teletabs if stored in the Arc journal. Arc teletabs are purchased from the Waiko Reward Shop, and up to 1000 stored by using the teletab on the Arc journal.
Birds of the Arc[edit | edit source]
While in the Arc, players can spot birds on both named islands and the Uncharted Isles. Some birds only spawn on certain days or while doing certain skilling activities. Spotting them all rewards players with a bird pet called Iago.
Mushrooms of the Arc[edit | edit source]
While foraging mushroom clusters on Goshima, The Islands That Once Were Turtles, and the Uncharted Isles players can discover different types of mushrooms. Discovering all types grants the player the title [Name] the Fun Guy/Gal.
Berries of the Arc[edit | edit source]
Tuai Leit features a berry planter where various berry seeds can be planted and cross-pollinated to discover other types of berries. Tuai Leit also features ten rumberry bushes and the Uncharted Isles feature exuberry bushes. For growing all berry types Ani (farming merchant) will reward the player with a 50,000 Farming XP lamp and 10% extra experience and yield when harvesting berries.
Kami Spirits of the Arc[edit | edit source]
Like implings on the main land, the Arc has kami which can be caught in the Arc. Bakami are caught on named islands and orokami are caught on the Uncharted Isles. Loot ranges from regular and island resources to Orokami masks. Catching all kami once rewards the player with the ability to choose either triple experience or double loot for catching a kami, similar to Daffyd's reward for catching all implings at least once as well as a 50,000 Hunter XP lamp.
Castaways of the Arc[edit | edit source]
Messages in bottles can be found on various named islands which contain a treasure map which while carried in the inventory and speaking with Quartermaster Gully will allow travel to various named uncharted isles containing castaways. The bottles can be spotted on different days in cycles of a certain amount of days, e.g. the first bottle spawns each day, the second bottle every two days, etc. Once the bottle is found and when the player was near the spawn location when it was visible, the bottle will be visible permanently unless the message in a bottle or the treasure map is in the player's bank or inventory. Each of these castaways reward the player with one taijitu for finding them. Finding all the castaways unlocks the title [Name] the Castaway.
Miniquests[edit | edit source]
The journal also features a small summary of the miniquests in the Arc. Completing all the miniquests in this series will reward the player with the [Name] of the Arc title.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 18 July 2022 (Update):
- Changed Arc journal to no longer work while on the Hefin Agility Course.
- patch 13 July 2020 (Update):
- The 'Wushanko: The Arc' achievement no longer requires the following for completion: Arc - Ancient Eastern Tortle Portals, Arc – Flippers, Arc – Rewards, Arc - Upgrading All of the Waiko, Arc - Unlocking More Waiko (which are only required for the salty title).
- patch 20 January 2020 (Update):
- Descriptive text has been added to better explain the teleport functions.
- patch 15 April 2019 (Update):
- The Arc journal can once again be used to teleport to Port Sarim before unlocking the Arc teletabs.
- ninja 1 April 2019 (Update):
- Arc island teleport tablets can now be stored and used in your Arc journal, up to 1000 charges per location.
- ninja 4 December 2017 (Update):
- The achievements to complete the Arc journal are now listed in a "Wushanko: The Arc" subcategory in the Misc category of the achievement interface.
- patch 10 July 2017 (Update):
- Lactarius mushrooms now have the same colour for the inventory model and in this journal.
- patch 6 February 2017 (Update):
- The teleport to Port Sarim on the Arc journal no longer uses a teletab animation, since it doesn't consume a teletab.
- The Arc journal's progress bars will now represent your current progress towards completion slightly more accurately.
- patch 7 November 2016 (Update):
- A 'Planters' section has been added to the Arc journal, which (when seeds are planted at the Tuai Leit academy) displays their current status.
- An unlimited teleport to the quartermaster in Port Sarim has been added to the Arc journal.
- The Arc journal teleport can provide access to any Arc teletabs previously purchased without needing to carry the teletab in the backpack. This feature is purchased from the Waiko Reward Shop for 1,000 chimes. This unlock is a completionist cape requirement.
- patch 31 October 2016 (Update):
- patch 17 October 2016 (Update):
- The snufftruffle icon in the Arc journal now matches the inventory icon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Arc journal has an almost identical appearance to The Covenant of Perpetual Conflict from River of Blood.