Hooded slayer cape
|Hooded slayer cape|
|Release||16 March 2015 (Update)|
|Backpack||Wear, Detach, Activate|
|Equipped||Activate, Boost, Emote|
|High alch||59,400 coins|
|Low alch||39,600 coins|
|The cape worn by Slayer masters.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
The hooded slayer cape is the Cape of Accomplishment for the Slayer skill. It can be purchased for 99,000 coins alongside the Slayer hood from Kuradal, a Slayer Master in the Ancient Cavern by players who have achieved level 99 Slayer.
Slayer capes are black in colour, and have a red trim if the player has more than one level 99 skill. Kuradal will talk to you when buying a cape, regardless of your combat level, which means she also sells the Slayer cape to players under 110 combat (the level required to get tasks from her). You also need either 45 Firemaking or 15 Strength to enter the cave, with completion of the Barbarian Training to access Kuradal and the Slayer cape.
Talking to Kuradal gives an option to toggle the appearance of the cape to a retro version, overriding the normal appearance and making it look similar to how it did before the 2015 graphical update. Despite it not being a new item, the retro cape can be used with a keepsake key.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Perk[edit | edit source]
The Hooded slayer cape's perk provides the ability to teleport to available Slayer masters. If the player has opted into PvP and attempts to teleport to Mandrith, they will receive a Wilderness warning prompt before they can continue.
Up to three perks of the capes of accomplishment can be added to the max cape, the completionist cape, the trimmed completionist cape, and their master versions. Up to two perks of the capes of accomplishment of a specific skill type can be added to the respective Expert cape of Accomplishment. This can be done by using a Cape of Accomplishment with the desired perk on one of the capes. The cape of accomplishment is then lost in the process. To make space for other perks, it is possible to later remove the added perks, but with no reimbursement. All of the added perks are shared among max cape, completionist cape, trimmed completionist cape, and their master versions, thus it is not possible to have different configurations of perks on the different capes.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 18 March 2019 (Update):
- Mandrith's location has been added to the Slayer skillcape's teleport options.
- ninja 7 April 2015 (Update):
- The Slayer skillcape will now show the correct icon in the Player-owned House cape rack.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Currently, 230,326 people are able to own this cape (as seen on the highscores).
- Through the use of experience rewards from lamps, penguin points, zeal, etc; it is possible to achieve 99 slayer at level 3 combat and players are not required to complete the strength activity of barbarian training in order to visit Kuradal and obtain a skillcape. Many skillers 'train' Slayer this way. Reaching 99 Slayer through soul wars and penguin spotting is very slow, however, and will usually take in excess of 4,000 hours of playing time.
- The cape was originally sold by Duradel. Upon his death during While Guthix Sleeps, the cape transferred to his replacement Lapalok, making it the joint-first skillcape to change seller, alongside the Strength cape. On 8 December 2009, the cape seller changed again to Kuradal.
- As of 7 April 2015, players can ask Kuradal to switch their slayer cape back to the old one. Also, if you have more than 1 cape, she will offer to change every cape you have back to the old ones.
- The old slayer hoods now have the option to be attached to the cape itself.