An amulet of nature is used to monitor the state of a Farming patch. It can be created by stringing an emerald amulet (unstrung) with magic string to make a pre-nature amulet. Casting Enchant Level 2 Jewellery on it will result in an amulet of nature. After enchantment, it is not tradeable; however, pre-nature amulets are.
Players can only have one amulet of nature at one time; if a player tries to enchant another pre-nature amulet then they will be given the message "The spell will not work on the amulet while you already possess an amulet of nature."
To bind the amulet of nature the player must use the amulet of the patch they desire but this can only be bound to one patch at a time, and will remain bound until a different patch is used. Unlike the amulet of farming, it can be bound to any type of farming patch.
If the state of the patch that the amulet is bound to changes and the amulet is worn, it will vibrate and give the message: "A low hum resonates from your amulet of nature - it seeks audience with you." This should allow the wearer to detect when the patch is diseased or fully grown. This feature will only show up if the player is online at the time and only once when the player logs in, but players can also rub the amulet at any time to find out the current state of their patch.
The amulet can display the following messages based on the state of your Farming patch:
- "I am afraid that your patch has succumbed to disease, my friend. You must attend to it immediately, before it dies."
- "I am afraid that your patch has succumbed to disease and died. I am truly sorry."
- "Your patch is growing nicely at the moment, free from disease."
- "Your patch has now grown to fruition, my friend."
When monitoring a harmony pillar in Prifddinas, the amulet provides information, such as the skill the pillar is currently attuned to and the amount of experience needed for the next growth stage.
Players may use the amulet of nature to contact a gardener at the attended patch from anywhere they happen to be, allowing them to hire the gardener remotely. In addition, the amulet will allow the player to teleport directly to the attended patch if the patch becomes diseased. The update also introduced a less powerful but more easily obtainable variant, the amulet of farming.
It also increases the player's crop yield when they wear it while harvesting, though the boost is smaller than that of magic secateurs. Additionally, the effect does not stack with the magic secateurs' boost effect. If both amulet of nature and magic secateurs are equipped, only the amulet's yield-boost will be applied.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The amulet of nature no longer refers to the tree patch in Prifddinas as a fruit tree.
- It was once possible to bind the amulet of nature to a patch while inside an instance; afterwards it would teleport the player to the same coordinates if an instance was present there. This was fixed around April 2012.
- If the player hands My Arm an amulet of nature during My Arm's Big Adventure, it will say "This is a troll, and it is fully grown. The troll has not been treated."
- When attempting to use the amulet of nature to teleport to Entrana with banned items, it will tell you: "Francis would not be pleased if I allowed you onto Entrana with those items." This was not always so.