Down in the cave, the player may search this coffin for the medallion.
Teleporting using the medallion.
A player teleports using the medallion.
Drakan's medallion is an item rewarded from The Branches of Darkmeyer. It provides teleports around Morytania.
The medallion has 10 charges, and can be recharged by dipping it into the blood pool, in the cave where the medallion was originally found. The cave is found just south of the bank in Burgh de Rott. Upon charging it, you receive the message, You dip the medallion in the pool. The symbol glows as it recharges. Congealed blood can be used on the medallion to add one teleport charge per congealed blood. This can increase the amount of charges stored to a maximum of 25,000.
Teleporting with the medallion from anywhere within the land of Morytania (which includes Canifis, Port Phasmatys, Mos Le'Harmless, Everlight and underground areas) does not use any charges and may even be done when the amulet has 0 charges. However, teleporting out of Temple Trekking/Burgh de Rott Ramble, from Paterdomus, or from any other part of RuneScape uses one charge. Therefore, if one wants to save or negate the need for charges, it is a good idea to use the Ectophial to teleport to Port Phasmatys or to use the Canifis Lodestone and then use the medallion to teleport to the desired location. This effectively gives the medallion an unlimited amount of charges.
The medallion is extremely useful for teleporting around Morytania, since no charges are used when teleporting in most places there. It allows quick banking at Burgh de Rott and quick prayer recharging at the altar in Darkmeyer. This is particularly useful for players doing Barrows, as banking and prayer recharging are both needed to do multiple runs of that minigame. Be aware that the Vyres in Darkmeyer will attack a player going to the altar there unless the player is wearing the Darkmeyer disguise. However, Protect from/Deflect Melee will partially protect the player from the attacks.
During the quest, the medallion is first discovered in a coffin, and is called mysterious medallion. It is later enchanted by Safalaan and Vanescula Drakan to create Drakan's medallion. Should you ever lose the medallion, like destroying it, you can get it back from the coffin in the cave.
It includes teleports to the following locations:
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 27 April 2020 (Update):
- Drakan's Medallion will no longer lose charges if teleporting from within Everlight.
- patch 2 March 2020 (Update):.
- Teleport charges added to the Mysterious Medallion now correctly transfer when you upgrade it to Drakan's Medallion.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Draken's Medallion can now be used to teleport out of the Temple Trekking minigame without consuming a charge.
- ninja 28 August 2018 (Update):
- The tooltip for Drakan's medallion now lists remaining teleport charges.
- ninja 22 January 2018 (Update):
- The 36 Defence requirement has been removed from teleporting with Drakan's medallion.
- patch 21 November 2016 (Update):
- Drakan's medallion no longer uses charges when teleporting from the Werewolf Skullball/Agility course or Dr Fenkenstrain's experiments dungeon.
- ninja 31 October 2016 (Update):
- Drakan's medallion teleport options have been put into a standard interface, rather than dialogue options.
- patch 18 July 2016 (Update):
- The grammar for Drakan's medallion when there is only 1 charge remaining has been corrected.
- patch 20 June 2016 (Update):
- Teleporting from the Barrows sister tomb with Drakan's medallion no longer uses up charges.
- patch 18 April 2016 (Update):
- Drakan's medallion will no longer use up a charge when teleporting from the Meiyerditch mine or the ravenous ghoul cellar.
- ninja 6 May 2014 (Update):
- Teleporting from the Rise of the Six graveyard no longer drains a charge on Drakan's medallion.
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Teleporting using a Drakan's medallion now displays how many charges are left.
- patch 31 January 2012 (Update):
- Drakan's Medallion no longer uses up charges in the basement of the Ectofuntus building.
- patch 11 January 2012 (Update):
- Checking charges on Drakan's medallion now uses the correct grammar when the medallion has one charge left.
- On release, teleporting from the slime pit, from inside the Barrows, or within the Shade Catacombs caused the medallion to use a charge. All these locations have now been fixed.
- This item had the third most teleport charges on a rechargeable item, after the sceptre of the gods that can have up to 20 and after the mighty slayer helmet that can hold up to 40 ring of slaying charges and 30 ferocious ring charges. This was changed with the update on 28 January 2019.
- The "Submerge medallion" option on the blood pool uses a space rather than a hyphen, unlike many other right click options.
- Teleporting from the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede with the medallion will not use a charge. This is most likely due to its proximity with Morytania.
- This item used to hold a maximum of 10 charges, before the update on 28 January 2019, which allowed players to increase the amount of charges to a maximum of 25,000 by using Congealed blood on it.