Teleportation is the instant travel, usually magical, from any location to a specific location elsewhere. Teleporting others is very difficult and something only gods can do easily. Tele-other spells are designed to teleport to specific locations, while teleporting people to arbitrary locations randomly requires vast reserves of magic and power.
Ways to teleport[edit | edit source]
Teleportation may be performed by any of the following:
- Casting teleportation spells.
- Walking through portals.
- Targeted by Tele-other and Group Teleportation spells.
- Speaking to various NPCs, who sometimes teleport the player using a teleport phrase.
- Rubbing Enchanted jewellery.
- Using the Skull of remembrance.
- Using the superior locator.
- Using the Skull sceptre.
- Using the Pharaoh's sceptre or Sceptre of the gods.
- Using the Spirit tree network.
- Using the Fairy ring network.
- Using the Gnome Glider network.
- Invoking certain items, such as:
- Emptying the Ectophial.
- Playing the Enchanted lyre.
- Breaking Magic tablets.
- Reading Teleport scrolls.
- Activating various achievements set reward items like the Wilderness sword
- Rubbing the Enchanted key.
- Using the Crystal teleport seed.
- Flying with a Broomstick.
- Breaking a Teleport sphere.
- Operating the Ring of kinship.
- Using a Juju teleport spiritbag.
- Launching or Squashing a Grand seed pod.
- Operating a Clan vexillum.
- Using summoning familiars teleport options.
- Activating the various Teleportation obelisks in the Wilderness.
- Completing various quests.
- Going into the shed in Lumbridge Swamp with a Dramen staff wielded.
- Use of the Lodestone Network.
Standard spellbook[edit | edit source]
Basic teleports[edit | edit source]
|Home Teleport (formerly Lumbridge Home Teleport)||Originally could only be cast once every 30 minutes. Now can be cast anytime after an update on 28 March 2011.|
|Max guild teleport||Requirement: level 99 in all skills and access to Prifddinas.|
|Skeletal horror teleport||Requirement: completion of the Rag and Bone Man and Fur 'n Seek miniquests|
|Kandarin monastery teleport||Requirement: completion of the easy Ardougne achievements.|
|Manor farm teleport||Can only be cast once per day unless the Ardougne cloak 4 has been obtained, in which case the number of casts is unlimited.
Requirement: at least the completion of the medium Ardougne achievements.
|War's Retreat Teleport||Unlocked from War's Wares after killing 10 bosses.|
|South Feldip Hills Teleport||Note: This can be used to quickly access the spirit tree network.|
|Varrock Teleport||Ability to set location to Grand Exchange after completion of the easy Varrock achievements.|
|Camelot Teleport||Ability to set location to Seers' Village after completion of the hard Seers' Village achievements|
|Ardougne Teleport||Requirement: Plague City|
|Watchtower Teleport||Requirement: Watchtower. Ability to set location to Yanille after completion of the hard Ardougne achievements.|
|Trollheim Teleport||Requirement: Troll Stronghold and Eadgar's Ruse|
|God Wars Dungeon Teleport||Requirement: The Mighty Fall and Eadgar's Ruse|
|Ape Atoll Teleport||Requirement: Freeing King Awowogei subquest of Recipe for Disaster|
|Mazcab Teleport||Requirement: Unlocked by reading the Mazcab teleport codex|
|Anachronia Teleport||Requirement: Having activated the Totem of the Abyss on Anachronia|
Tele-other spells[edit | edit source]
To teleport other players, the player must have Accept Aid on and agree to be teleported
Ancient Magicks[edit | edit source]
Players must have completed Desert Treasure to use these spells.
|Home Teleport (formerly Edgeville Home Teleport)|
|Paddewwa Teleport||(Edgeville Dungeon)|
|Senntisten Teleport||(Dig Site)|
|Lassar Teleport||(Ice Mountain)|
|Dareeyak Teleport||(Ruins, level 26 Wilderness)|
|Carrallanger Teleport||(Graveyard of Shadows, level 18 Wilderness)|
|Annakarl Teleport||(Demonic Ruins, level 45 Wilderness)|
|Ghorrock Teleport||(Ice Plateau, level 54 Wilderness)|
Lunar spells[edit | edit source]
Player must have completed Lunar Diplomacy to use these spells.
Basic Teleports[edit | edit source]
Tele-group[edit | edit source]
|Tele-group Fishing Guild|
|Tele-group Ice Plateau|
|Tele-group Trollheim Farm|
Dungeoneering Spellbook[edit | edit source]
This spellbook is only accessed whilst on a floor of Daemonheim.
|Dungeon Home Teleport||Teleports to the dungeoneering trader.|
|Gatestone Teleport||Can be used to teleport to a gatestone after casting Create Gatestone and dropping it somewhere.|
|Group Gatestone Teleport||Can be used to teleport to the Group gatestone wherever it is in the dungeon. A Group gatestone portal is also provided in the construction hotspot.|
Home Teleport[edit | edit source]
All spell books have access to home teleport, which opens the Lodestone Network. This map shows all Unlocked and Locked lodestone points which are available to teleport to. When using Home Teleport if a player has a Teleport animation override the default teleport animation will be overridden and the equipped animation will play instead.
Animations of several different types of teleportation can be found at Teleportation/Animations.
Home Teleport Animation overrides can be found at Solomon's General Store/Animations § Spells
Enchanted jewellery & magical items[edit | edit source]
Almost every item of jewellery in RuneScape can be enchanted and some of them can be used to teleport. These items are listed below. To use teleportation jewellery, unequip the item, right-click it, and select 'rub'. Alternatively, right-click while wielded and click on the name of the destination desired. All of these require membership to use.
For information on how to craft the following jewellery, please see the Crafting page.
Teleportation compactor[edit | edit source]
Some of the enchanted jewellery mentioned above can be turned into compacted versions using a teleportation compactor. Compacted jewellery functions like the regular version, but can store 20 times as many charges as usual. All compacted jewellery can be recharged by using non-compacted jewellery on it.
A passage of the abyss can also be charged with up to six different types of enchanted jewellery. A passage of the abyss can store five times as many charges per type of jewellery as a piece of compacted jewellery, or 100 times as many as regular jewellery. In addition to recharging by adding jewellery, a passage of the abyss can also be recharged by using fortunate components, granting 500 charges per component.
Pharaoh's sceptre[edit | edit source]
The Pharaoh's sceptre is a rare and highly expensive item obtained during the Pyramid Plunder minigame based in Sophanem. The sceptre provides three charges (6 with the completion of hard Desert achievements) of teleports between three pyramids in the Kharidian Desert:
- Jalsavrah - the Pyramid Plunder minigame.
- Jaleustrophos - the Agility Pyramid, next to Simon Templeton.
- Jaldraocht - Azzanadra's pyramid in Desert Treasure, where the player can switch between Ancient Magicks and normal Magic spellbooks.
When the sceptre's charges are empty, players may recharge it using the Mummy in the Pyramid Plunder minigame. It is recommended that players use two charges, and teleport to Pyramid plunder to recharge if needed, saving time. In order to recharge, just "use" the sceptre on the Mummy. He will complain about the player owning it, but will go ahead and recharge it anyway. Players will need artefacts from the Pyramid Plunder minigame to recharge the staff. It can be recharged with 24 pottery or ivory artefacts, 12 stone artefacts, and six gold artefacts. Alternatively, it can be recharged with a Jewelled golden statuette.
Sceptre of the Gods[edit | edit source]
Players with level 91 Thieving and level 75 Runecrafting can get an upgraded version of the Pharaoh's sceptre called Sceptre of the gods. It has 10 charges (20 with hard achievements) and also gives some bonuses in the minigame. A recharge requires a Jewelled diamond statuette; a Jewelled golden statuette; and four gold artefacts, ten gold artefacts, or 20 stone artefacts.
Skull sceptre[edit | edit source]
The Skull sceptre is obtained through defeating monsters in the Stronghold of Security and picking up the pieces of the sceptre. The Skull sceptre has unlimited teleports to the Barbarian Village. The sceptre does not work over level 20 Wilderness.
Players can only make and keep one skull sceptre at a time. A new Skull sceptre can only be made once the old Skull sceptre is either lost or destroyed. The Skull sceptre and all its parts cannot be traded. The pieces are:
|Left skull half (dropped by Ankous)|
|Top of sceptre (dropped by Catablepons)|
|Bottom of sceptre (dropped by Flesh Crawlers)|
|Right skull half (dropped by Minotaurs)|
- Using the skull pieces together forms a Strange skull.
- Using the top and bottom Skull sceptre pieces form a Runed sceptre.
- Using the Strange skull and Runed sceptre together form a Skull sceptre.
Oldak's spheres[edit | edit source]
Oldak, a goblin scientist, has been experimenting with runes and has developed Moving-over-distance Sphere. The moving-over-distance sphere isn't a perfect piece of arcane technology though, so it will teleport the player to any one of several locations in Dorgesh-Kaan when they break it. To make a sphere, simply take two Law runes and some Molten glass to Oldak's laboratory in north-west Dorgesh-Kaan and exchange them for a teleportation sphere; different locations may be chosen if corresponding quests have been completed.
|Dorgesh-kaan sphere||Requirement: completion of Death to the Dorgeshuun|
|Goblin Village Sphere||Requirement: completion of Another Slice of H.A.M.|
|Plain of Mud Sphere||Requirement: completion of Land of the Goblins|
|Bandos throne room sphere||Requirement: completion of The Chosen Commander|
Teleport tablets[edit | edit source]
Magic tablets are created from Soft clay using a lectern in a Player-owned house. A player brings the runes for the spell, a magic staff (optional) and the soft clay to the appropriate lectern. A lectern can be found in the Study in the house. By clicking on the lectern a screen will appear showing the magic tablets that can be constructed at that lectern. After selecting a spell, the clay changes into a stackable magic tablet and the magic tablet selection window disappears. Magic tablet building requires that the player has the appropriate magic level and brings the required runes for casting the spell.
Listed below are all the teleport tablets a player can make or buy:
The Runecrafting teleport tablets are untradeable teleportation spell tablets obtained at the Great Orb Project minigame by exchanging various amounts of tokens ranging from 15 to 45 with Wizard Elriss. In order to use any particular tablet, the player must have the corresponding Runecrafting level and/or quest.
Runecrafting tablets add yet another transport system to RuneScape. Each single-use tablet teleports the user outside the respective rune altar's ruins, the Runecrafting Guild, or locations within the Runespan, and thus require a talisman, tiara, or runecrafting staff to use the altar. This makes it the quickest way to runecraft. Unlike regular teleport tablets, these cannot be made in a player-owned house. These tablets cannot be used over level 20 Wilderness.
There are currently 14 types of Runecrafting teleport tablets:
After the quest Love Story, players may use a chisel on player-owned house teleport tablets to make chipped version of the Tablets allowing them to make 10 different tablets (some of the tablets have additional requirements to be able to craft them). The different tablets can take the players to different locations:
After the quest Evil Dave's Big Day Out, players may use Dave's spellbook on various teleport tablets to create chipped versions that teleport players to slightly different locations than the original tablets.
|'Chipped' Varrock teleport||Varrock Museum|
|'Chipped' Lumbridge teleport||Lumbridge Crater, southern entrance|
|'Chipped' Falador teleport||Falador, southern gate|
|'Chipped' Camelot teleport||Catherby docks|
|'Chipped' Ardougne teleport||West Ardougne plaza|
|'Chipped' Watchtower teleport||Observatory, near the Observatory assistant|
Teleport scrolls[edit | edit source]
These scrolls can only be received from doing Treasure Trails (any level) or trading with other players. Up to 1,000 of each treasure trail teleport scroll may be stored as charges within the globetrotter arm guards.
- Bandit camp
- Grand Exchange
- Lumber yard
- Phoenix lair
- Tai Bwo Wannai
Player-owned-house[edit | edit source]
- Kharyrll (as it was known during and before the God Wars, its modern name is Canifis)
Those who are using a spellbook that does not contain teleportation spells to the above areas might find Portal Chambers useful.
The Greater magic cage in the Throne Room gives the player who controls it the ability to teleport those inside the cage to one of the seven above areas (only works if the person being teleported has accessed the area before). Trollheim used to be one of the possible locations but it was removed due to the dangers that lurk there.
Wizards' Guild portals[edit | edit source]
On the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US] of the Wizards' Guild in Yanille (level 66 Magic required to enter), there are three portals that can be used to teleport to the following locations (note that these are one-way teleports):
- The east portal teleports to the Wizards' Tower south of Draynor Village.
- The south portal teleports to the Dark Wizards' Tower located north of the Crafting Guild.
- The west portal teleports to Thormac the Sorcerer's Tower south-west of Seers' Village.
Into the Wilderness[edit | edit source]
- Ardougne to Wilderness:
There is a shack situated west of Ardougne Castle that contains a lever. Pulling this lever will teleport the player to the Deserted Keep in level 56 Wilderness. Bring a sharp object, such as a Knife, to cut through the web to get out of the Deserted Keep. To return, there is a lever to pull to get back to Ardougne. Please be aware that many monsters may be at the destination, not to mention the risk of running into player killers.
There is also a lever in the ruins very close to the Edgeville bank that can be used to teleport to the same area as the Ardougne lever.
The lever can also be used to teleport back to Ardougne, but is very tricky to operate (especially in combat).
Quest items[edit | edit source]
|Broomstick||A broomstick is an item given by Maggie in Swept Away, the 2008 Hallowe'en event quest. She asks players to enchant it by bringing it to three witches: Hetty in Rimmington, Aggie in Draynor Village, and Betty in Port Sarim. If the broomstick is taken to the Sorceress's apprentice in Al Kharid, players may use the broomstick to teleport to the Sorceress's Garden by operating it. The broomstick does not require periodic recharging.|
|Drakan's medallion/Mysterious medallion||Drakan's medallion (known as mysterious medallion when initially found) is a reward from The Branches of Darkmeyer quest.
|Ectophial||The ectophial is a reward from the Ghosts Ahoy quest. Empty it to teleport to the Ectofuntus north of Port Phasmatys. The ectophial does not need to be recharged.This item can be used as a one-click teleport.|
|(Attuned) Crystal teleport seed||A crystal teleport seed is obtained during the Mourning's End Part I quest. It can be used to teleport to the elven settlement Lletya, and can be recharged by Eluned for a fee. If lost, new crystals can be obtained as drops from Elf warriors. After Within the Light Eluned can help the player to enchant crystal(s) that can also be used to teleport to the Temple of Light. After the Plague's End quest, the crystal will offer extended teleports to each of the eight elven clan areas around Prifddinas.
|Enchanted key||The enchanted key is obtained during the Making History quest. After the quest is completed, the key can be used in Meeting History to teleport the player to the past. However, it can only be used north of East Ardougne and if the player is carrying no items other than the key. If lost or destroyed, another key may be obtained from Jorral at the beginning of the quest.|
|Enchanted lyre||An enchanted lyre is obtained during The Fremennik Trials quest. The lyre can be re-enchanted by offering the Fossegrimen some kinds of fish. The lyre can be played to teleport to Rellekka. When the lyre runs out of charges, it will have to be re-enchanted. After completion of the Fremennik achievements, the lyre can be altered to teleport to Neitiznot, Jatizso, or Waterbirth Island.|
|Camulet/Cramulet||The camulet is obtained as a reward for the Enakhra's Lament quest. It can be rubbed to teleport to Enakhra's Temple. The Camulet has four uses, and it can be recharged by using it with a bucket of Camel dung. It can be made into different versions of the cramulet during and after the Do No Evil quest.|
|Jennica's ring||Jennica's ring is obtained during Spirit of Summer, and can be operated while worn in several locations around the Wilderness to access a Spirit Realm parallel to RuneScape. Players can recover the ring by searching the rubble near the house where they were first transported to this strange realm. Completion of Summer's End unlocks an improved version, which gives access to additional portals.|
|Strange teleorb||The strange teleorb is obtained during While Guthix Sleeps. Players can teleport themselves to Lucien's camp by operating it inside the room above Dark Squall's Room with a Law rune and a Death rune in the inventory. It is found inside Dark Squall's Room on the southernmost desk by searching it.|
|Directions||Directions are obtained during Rat Catchers. Players can read the scroll to teleport to Jimmy Dazzler's client's mansion. The Directions do not disappear on use, and can be used at anytime until completion of the quest. If lost, it may be obtained again by talking to Jimmy Dazzler at the Flying Horse Inn.|
|TokKul-Zo||The TokKul-Zo is obtained as a reward for The Elder Kiln quest. Players can use it to teleport to several places in TzHaar City. Teleporting does not take charges but requires at least one charge.|
|Sixth-Age circuit||The Sixth-Age circuit is obtained as a reward for The World Wakes quest after completing all additional quests. It can be used to teleport to the Guthix's shrine, Memorial to Guthix and the Ancient Guthix Temple an unlimited amount of times. After Fate of the Gods it can be used to teleport to the World Gate after talking to the Guthixian High Druid.|
|Invitation box||The invitation box is obtained during the Missing, Presumed Death quest. It offers unlimited teleports to the Empyrean Citadel. However, it can be used at the Empyrean Citadel to teleport to the Silvarea pass, where the quest started which is close to the Broken Home quest, the Odd Old Man's area and two beacons of the All Fired Up minigame.|
|Remora's necklace||Remora's necklace is a reward from the Song from the Depths quest. It allows unlimited teleportation to the lowest level of the Grotworm Lair arriving outside the Queen Black Dragon's portal and near Mature grotworms.|
|Pirate spell sheet||The pirate spell sheet is obtained from Bill Teach during A Clockwork Syringe. It allows teleportation between Mos Le'Harmless and Braindeath Island, but can only be used in those two areas to travel from one to the other.|
|The Book of Char||The Book of Char is a reward from The Firemaker's Curse quest. Once per day, it can be used to teleport to the entrance of Char's Training Cave, where players can train Firemaking.|
|Big Book o' Piracy||The Big Book o' Piracy is a reward from the Pieces of Hate quest. It contains 10 charges. It can be recharged with Braindeath 'rum'.
It can be used to teleport to:
|Communication device||The communication device is a reward from the Dishonour among Thieves quest. It has unlimited teleports to the Zamorak's hideout. It is also used to get to the stalker dungeon, where seekers and soulgazers can be found, requiring level 71 and 99 Slayer to kill, respectively.|
|Cape of legends||The Cape of legends is a reward from the Legends' quest. It allows unlimited teleportation to the ground floor of the Legends' Guild next to the totem pole that can be used to recharge combat bracelets and skills necklaces.|
Other items[edit | edit source]
|Explorer's ring 3/4||The explorer's ring 3/4 are the rewards for completing the Medium and/or Hard Lumbridge achievements given by Ned in Draynor Village. This ring provides the same bonuses as the other rings, as well as providing the user with three run recharges, and also acts as a free teleport to the cabbage field south of Falador. The teleport has unlimited charges, and is called Cabbage-port in the right-click menu.|
|Karamja gloves 3/4||Karamja gloves 3/4 are the rewards for completing all the Hard and/or Elite Karamja achievements given by the Foresters near the entrances to the Kharazi Jungle. They allow free, unlimited teleportation to a gem mine underneath Shilo Village. To activate the teleport, right-click on the gloves for the option or wear them and select the 'Operate' option.|
|Fremennik sea boots 4||The fremennik sea boots 4 are the rewards for completing the Elite Fremennik achievements given by Advisor Ghrim on Miscellania. These boots can be used to teleport to the Rellekka market. The teleport has unlimited charges.|
|Wilderness sword 1/2/3/4||The wilderness sword 1/2/3/4 are the rewards for completing the Easy, Medium, Hard, and/or Elite Wilderness achievements given by Mr Ex, Mandrith, Quercus, and Kolodion, respectively. The Wilderness sword 4 can also be given to by Mr Ex.
|Desert amulet 2/3/4||The desert amulet 2/3/4 are the rewards for completing the Medium, Hard, and/or Elite Desert achievements. They are given by Zahur in Nardah, Hakeem the Mayor in Pollnivneach, and/or the Clay golem in Uzer, respectively. All versions of the amulet allows their wearer to teleport to Nardah an unlimited number of times, with the last also having a teleport to Uzer.|
|Tirannwn quiver 1/2/3/4||The Tirannwn quiver 1/2/3/4 are the rewards for completing all the Easy, Medium, Hard, and/or Elite Tirannwn achievements. They are given by the Elf Tracker, Gwir in Lleyta, Arianwyn in Prifddinas, or Elen Anterth in Prifddinas, respectively.
|Void knight seal||The void knight seal can be obtained as a reward from the quest Quiet Before the Swarm, as well as from the minigames Pest Control and Conquest. It contains 8 charges and provides teleports to the Void Knights' Outpost.|
|Mos Le Harmless 'rum'||Mos Le Harmless 'rum' can only be obtained from the Trouble Brewing minigame. They come in two colours, but they do not differ in functionality. When drunk, the player is teleported to the Trouble Brewing location on Mos Le'Harmless.|
|Ring of slaying||The ring of slaying can be used to teleport players to four Slayer destinations and to contact Slayer Masters. Players obtain the ring from Slayer Masters using Slayer points, which players earn by completing multiple Slayer assignments. Players can purchase actual rings, at a cost of 75 points per ring, and can purchase the knowledge of how to craft the rings, at a one-time cost of 300 points.|
|Tele-orb||Tele-orbs are used in the Fist of Guthix minigame. When the orb is broken, the player is transported to the middle of the playing field. At the beginning of the game each player receives one of these. If the player try to break it while in the waiting room, they will receive a message stating that they should save it for when they really need it.|
|Circus ticket||A circus ticket is used in Balthazar Beauregard's Big Top Bonanza part of the Distractions and Diversions. The ticket is provided by the Ticket vendor, and may be used to leave the circus. To leave the circus, the ticket must be torn, and the players will be transported back to where they found the Ticket vendor.|
|Ferocious ring||The ferocious ring is an item released along with the Kuradal's Dungeon update in 2009. The ring is dropped by the monsters in Kuradal's Dungeon and has five charges, which allow a player to teleport to Kuradal, thus avoiding the various Slayer monsters on the path to Kuradal. Additionally, it gives the player the ability to strike 40 points of more damage to monsters within the dungeon and functioning as a Ring of life, teleporting the player automatically to Kuradal upon near-death and destroying itself as it does so. The ring functions up to Level 20 Wilderness.|
|Ring of kinship||The ring of kinship is obtained for free by talking to the Dungeoneering tutor at Daemonheim (previously known as Wilderness Castle). It offers unlimited teleports to the location a bit to the south of the castle itself, near Thok (who sells the skillcapes for Dungeoneering) and the Rewards trader. The teleport slightly resembles an Ancient Magicks teleport; it cannot cannot be used to teleport when in Level 20 Wilderness or higher or in combat.|
|Juju teleport spiritbag||The Juju teleport spiritbag can teleport one to the Herblore Habitat east of the Kharazi Jungle and is sold for 2,000 coins by Bettamax in Taverley and Papa Mambo in the Herblore Habitat. The teleport animation features the player throwing the bag on the ground and doing the spirit tree teleport animation.|
|Clan vexillum||The clan vexillum is obtained for free by talking to the Clan scribe at the Clan Camp. It offers unlimited free teleports to western part of the camp, west of the Sergeant-at-Arms. This teleport provides quick access to the Crafting Guild and the Balloon transport system. It also allows free teleports to the clan portal in Prifddinas, if the player has completed Plague's End.|
|Wicked hood||The wicked hood is an item that members with over 5 can claim from Tam McGrubor in Burthorpe. It can be used to teleport twice a day, to any altar that has been unlocked by using the relevant talisman (including an Omni or Elemental talisman) on it. With the introduction of the Runespan, a new feature was added to the hood that gives unlimited teleports to the second floor of the Wizards' Tower, right next to the Runespan/Runecrafting Guild portal.|
|(Super) Dominion medallion||The (super) dominion medallion is obtained by talking to the Strange face within the Dominion Tower and asking for the medallion. It can be used for teleporting to the Dominion Tower with a limit of three charges per day. This teleports the player inside the tower next to the Strange face.|
|Captain's log||The captain's log is obtained from The Navigator in the Player-owned port. It provides unlimited teleports to the portal of the player-owned ports located in Port Sarim. This teleport was added merely for convenience considering the relatively short distance of other close teleports such as the Explorer ring's 'Cabbage-port', the Spirit tree to the northeast of Port Sarim and even the Port Sarim lodestone.|
|Slayer masks||Slayer masks (not to be confused with Slayer Helm) are masks used in the Slayer skill. They provide several bonuses like a unique teleport to their respective location(s). Read the full page about Slayer masks here.|
|Radiant alchemist's amulet||The radiant alchemist's amulet was an item obtained by combining and converting 10 Alchemist's amulet fragments, which were available on the Squeal of Fortune for the weekend of 17 May 2013. It can be used to teleport to the Grand Exchange once per day.|
|Divination outfits||Divination outfits can be made with the invention skill.
They provide several teleports:
|Master farmer outfits||Master farmer outfits can be made with the invention skill after you have purchased the blueprints from Farmers' Market.
They provide several teleports:
|Trapper outfits||Trapper outfits can be made with the invention skill after you have purchased the blueprints from Hunter Mark Shop.
They provide several teleports:
|Ethereal outfits||Ethereal outfits can be made with the invention skill.
They provide several teleports:
|Camouflage outfits||Camouflage outfits can be made with the invention skill.
They provide several teleports:
|Sentinel outfits||Sentinel outfits can be made with the invention skill.
They provide several teleports:
|Globetrotter outfit||The globetrotter outfit can be bought at the Treasure Trails Reward Shop.
|Hazelmere's signet ring||The Hazelmere's signet ring is the rarest drop from the rare drop table. It offers teleports to the Grand Exchange, Miscellania, Keldagrim and the Grand Tree.|
|Hoardstalker ring||The Hoardstalker ring is a possible reward from the Sinkholes Distraction and diversion. The ring will teleport a player to a Dungeoneering resource dungeon up to 8 times before being depleted.|
|Dungeoneering cape||The Dungeoneering cape is obtained after achieveing 99 Dungeoneering. The perk gives the player unlimited teleports to any available resource dungeon.|
|Slayer cape||The Slayer cape is obtained after achieving 99 Slayer. The perk gives the player unlimited teleports to any available Slayer master.|
|Worldbearer ring||The Worldbearer ring is a reward from the Player-owned port minigame for completing The Exile's special voyage "A Place for Everything". The ring is a single-use teleport to The Faraway Place where Things are Kept.|
|Waterfall fishing teleport||Waterfall fishing teleports may be bought from the Prifddinas Waterfall Fishing Shop for 300 crystal urchin points each. They are used to teleport to the top of the Prifddinas Waterfall Fishing area.|
|Ancient seed||Ancient seeds may be bought from the Herby Werby Reward Shop for 50 spirit points. They are used to teleport to the Herby Werby Distraction and Diversion and are consumed upon use.|
|Archaeology journal||The Archaeology journal can be used to teleport to the Archaeology Guild.|
|Master constructor's outfit||Master constructor's outfit Can be purchased from the Estate Agents Shop for 1,250 contract credits in total (250 per outfit piece).
The outfit provides several teleports:
|Master archeologist's outfit||Master archeologist's outfits Can be obtained through Archaeology Guild Shop upon completion of the Qualification - Guildmaster achievement and costs 250,000 chronotes in total (50,000 per outfit piece).
The outfit provides several teleports:
|Archaeology teleport||Archaeology teleports may be bought from the Archaeology Guild Shop for 250 chronotes. They are used to teleport to any unlocked dig site for the player's current Archaeology level.|
|Shattered Worlds teleport scroll||Shattered Worlds teleport scrolls may be bought from the Shattered Worlds reward shop for 250,000 shattered anima. They are used to teleport to the Shattered Worlds courtyard area.|
|Dragon trinkets||Dragon trinkets are Treasure Hunter items. They are used to teleport to Chromatic dragons locations.|
|Metallic dragon trinkets||Metallic dragon trinkets are Treasure Hunter items. They are used to teleport to Metal dragons locations.|
|Arc journal||The Arc journal is a book that tracks the player's activities on The Arc. It can be obtained by speaking to Sharkborne on Waiko after completing Impressing the Locals. It replaced The Arc: A Tourist's Guide.|
|Menaphos journal||The Menaphos journal is a book that tracks the player's activities in Menaphos. It can be obtained by speaking to Assistant Librarian Subotai in Menaphos after completing The Jack of Spades.|
|Memory strand||A memory strand is an item obtained by training Divination outside Daemonheim, and can be used to teleport to the Memorial to Guthix unlimited amount of times.|
|Raffle & Lucky Dip ticket||The Raffle or Lucky Dip ticket can only be obtained during Leonard's Lucky Dip or Balthazar's Big Raffle, and can be used to teleport to Burthorpe unlimited amount of times.|
Spirit trees[edit | edit source]
After completion of the Tree Gnome Village quest, Spirit trees can be used to teleport. There are six different spirit tree locations, plus a choice of up to four player grown spirit tree(s). They are:
- North-east of Grand Exchange.
- Battlefield, north-west of the Clock Tower.
- South Feldip Hills
- Centre of the Tree Gnome Village maze.
- Tree Gnome Stronghold, west of the entrance to the Agility Course.
- The mountain pass to the east of the Poison Waste Slayer Dungeon. (Unlocked during The Path of Glouphrie)
- Player-grown: Etceteria
- Player-grown: Brimhaven
- Player-grown: Port Sarim
- Prifddinas - (after Plague's End, learning how to grow three spirit trees at once is required before it can be used. See Spirit Tree (Prifddinas)).
- Player grown: North of the allotment patches at Manor Farm - (Requires level 114 Farming as well tier 1 Farming reputation to grow)
After completing Tree Gnome Village quest, players can access the Spirit Tree in the Tree Gnome Village and the Tree Gnome Stronghold to transport to any of the other three spirit trees. The other (younger) trees can only be used to return to an older tree.
Once a certain stage has been reached in The Path of Glouphrie, any tree can be used to teleport to any other.
With a Farming level of 83, players are able to grow their own spirit tree.
These can be used to teleport to the spirit tree in the Tree Gnome Stronghold. Only one can be planted at a time. For more information, click here. Additionally, players who have achieved level 86 farming may grow up to two spirit trees at once. Provided they have completed The Prisoner of Glouphrie. After completion of Plague's End and with a Farming level of 89, a third spirit tree can be planted after talking to Glouron. A fourth spirit tree can be planted with a Farming level of 114 after achieving the Apprentice Farmer rank at Manor Farm.
Spirit Trees also provide free teleports directly to Evil Trees when the Evil Tree is full grown. There are 28 possible locations, so the free teleport is a huge advantage.
Fairy rings[edit | edit source]
It consists of 50 fairy rings spread across the land and provides a relatively fast means for accessing often remote sites in RuneScape.
Players can enter the fairy ring system from any node while wielding either a Dramen staff or a Lunar staff (not required if A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift has been completed), ending up at the master fairy ring in Zanaris. From there, using three letter codes, they can teleport to most rings within the system. Several rings, however, require players to complete quests before they can be accessed. Some locations require a player to enter more than one code in the right order, returning to Zanaris after each trip, but this can be skipped after the first journey to that destination. If the selected code has no corresponding fairy ring, players will be teleported a few squares from the main ring. Currently, there are 50 fairy rings working codes out of a total possible 64 codes.
The main fairy ring is located in Zanaris, just east of the bank. When it is clicked to be activated, the three mushroom controllers pop up. Each controller has four letters assigned to it. Clicking on the right or left side of a mushroom controller will make it turn clockwise or counter-clockwise, respectively. Many combinations can be made from these mushrooms. After creating or selecting the desired combination, click the teleport button to go the location.
When the fairy ring transportation system was released, there were only 34 fairy rings.
- Fairy ring codes AKQ and DKS were introduced with the Hunter skill on 21 November 2006.
- AJQ to Dorgesh-Kaan was introduced on 20 March 2007.
- BLQ to Yu'biusk was introduced on 12 November 2007.
- ALQ to Haunted Woods was introduced on 7 May 2008, but the ring existed before as one-way route to Zanaris.
- BJQ to the Ancient Cavern was added silently in December 2009.
- ALP to the cave under the Feldip Hills
- BIR to the Sparse Plane
- CLR to the Ape Atoll Agility Course
- DIP to an isle south of the coast of Mos Le'Harmless
- DIR-AKS will bring the player to Kethsi.
- DKQ was added with Ritual of the Mahjarrat, allowing quick access to the Glacor Cave, bringing the total to 44.
Further fairy rings have been added in recent years including:
- CIS was added on 12 February 2013 as the code to travel to ScapeRune where previously the Evil Bob random event occurred.
- AIS was added on 19 November 2013, players were able to once again visit the Naragi home world via AIS after completing The World Wakes.
- DJS was added on 10 November 2014, with the release of the second batch of Prifddinas.
- CKQ was added on 3 July 2017, when a fairy ring was placed in the Imperial district of Menaphos, north of the fountain.
- CJS was added on 10 July 2017, to the Kharazi Jungle. It must be rebuilt with a spade and five bittercap mushrooms before it will work.
- BJS was added on 25 September 2017, to The Lost Grove. It must be rebuilt with a spade and five bittercap mushrooms before it will work.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
All players[edit | edit source]
- A number of people around RuneScape, such as Sedridor or Aubury, can teleport multiple people to the ice fields of Gielinor's north, which have been magically sealed off, for the Rune Essence Mine.
- The Sorceress can teleport the player right outside her house should she see them trespassing and expressing no remorse.
- Shantay provides a free one-way teleport to the Port Sarim Jail; players can use this teleport by telling Shantay they are an outlaw and then refusing to pay his fine.
- Zandar Horfyre of the Dark Wizards' Tower will teleport the player to the Lumbridge Swamp should they refuse to leave the tower.
- During Witch's House, should the player fail to elude the gaze of Nora T. Hagg, the witch will automatically cast a spell to teleport them out of her house.
- Wizard Isidor can teleport players to the Land of Snow after they give him the teleport phrase Ectosum glissendo.
- During certain holiday events, various NPCs, such as Snow imps, can teleport the player to other realms inaccessible through any other means, though this form of teleportation is only available during their respective events.
Members only[edit | edit source]
- The Sorceress' Apprentice can teleport the player to the Sorceress's Garden upon request and the completion of certain favours.
- The Winter, Spring, Autumn, and Summer Elementals in the Sorceress's Garden will teleport the player just outside of its assigned garden if there are at least two spaces between them and the player.
- The Mage of Zamorak can teleport the player into the Abyss for any number of times upon completion of the Enter the Abyss miniquest.
- Tool leprechauns can teleport the player to Winkin's Farm.
- Pirate Pete of eastern Morytania can teleport the player to Braindeath Island by knocking them unconscious, though without inflicting any life point damage. This method can be utilised any number of times, and also back and forth.
- The Monks of Entrana will automatically appear before the player should they somehow manage to smuggle an item onto the island and instantly teleport them back to Port Sarim.
- One can be teleported from Lunar Isle to Rellekka by speaking to any moonclan member without a seal of passage.
- Wizard Cromperty, during the Tribal Totem quest, can teleport the player to various places, such as the RPDT depot and the house of Lord Handelmort. During the quest, if one falls into a trap, Cromperty can teleport them back into the house any number of times.
- During The Hand in the Sand, Zavistic Rarve of Yanille can teleport the player directly to Betty if he is given an empty vial in addition to a player's own vial, redberries, whiteberries and a lantern lens.
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Entering the Rune Essence mine from a members' entrance, switching to a free-to-play world, and trying to leave gives a warning about not being able to go here on a free server. Trying again will cause a teleport interception, bringing them to Sedridor at the Wizards' Tower.
- Certain guilds, member and free, can be accessed through temporary boosts. However, in some of these guilds, such as the Fishing Guild, players who log out with their character in the guild will be brought outside of the guild upon logging back in.
- Players whose membership expires and characters were left in a members-only location will automatically be sent to Lumbridge when they next log in. However, this teleport is of minimal use.
- The entrance to Entrana Dungeon is one way, but at the end of the dungeon is a portal which will teleport players to the small obelisk just south of Draynor Village.
Summoning familiars[edit | edit source]
|34||Void shifter||Teleports player to the Void Knights' Outpost when player below 10% health, or when special is activated.|
|Void ravager||Teleports player to the Void Knights' Outpost when special is activated.|
|57||Spirit graahk||Can teleport player to the Karamja Hunter area.|
|Spirit kyatt||Can teleport player to the Piscatoris Hunter area.|
|Spirit larupia||Can teleport player to the Feldip Hunter area.|
|71||Arctic bear||Can teleport player to the Rellekka Hunter area.|
|83||Lava titan||Can teleport player to the Lava Maze. (Wilderness)|
Bosses that prevent teleports[edit | edit source]
|Bosses in overworld|
|Arch-Glacor||This restriction applies only with hard mode enabled.|
|Memory of Nomad||During the first three phases, you may leave via the stairs by the entrance. In the final phase, the player is teleported to the middle of the bridge and trapped there by soul walls on either side so the only options are to win or die.|
|Bosses in Daemonheim|
|Luminescent icefiend||Dungeon Home Teleport and Gatestone Teleport variants cannot be used to teleport out of the boss room during and after the fight.|
|Yk'Lagor the Thunderous||Dungeon Home Teleport and Gatestone Teleport variants cannot be used to teleport out of the boss room during and after the fight, except whilst standing behind any of the pillars.|
|Dungeoneering hard mode||Gatestone Teleport:
Group Gatestone Teleport:
|Gatestone Teleport variants cannot be used to teleport out of the boss arena during and after the fight.|
Theory[edit | edit source]
In one edition of the Postbag From the Hedge, Mr. Mordaut explains teleportation. The usage of the power of runestones allows teleportation by boring a hole, called a teleportation matrix, into an abyss, and then looping out of it to arrive in an alternate place. There are strict rules regarding teleportations as illegal destinations are typically teleblocked, although there are also alternate ways to get around this.
There is a more detailed explanation for the puzzled player, by reading this carefully. Firstly, wind a string around two fingers as if it were dental floss. Assume that one finger is the current location and the other is the destination. Now bring both fingers together. That piece of string is now sagging, like a 'U' shape. The space around the fingers represent the abyss, and the same distance has been traveled by leaving the current dimension and re-entering through an alternate dimension.
Essentially, the teleport does not 'transport' the player or 'shorten' the distance, but the reason why it is instantaneous is that time is voided, so they can arrive at their destination a second later as time and space exchange places in the abyss.
There is another theory about transporting that is very similar to the teleportation matrix and looping out to a location far from the current location or destination. This is the Theory of Tephra Travelling, which involves breaking the laws of the universe and being able to travel from one side of the Universe to the other in the blink of an eye, this is very similar to teleporting.
Imagine a piece of paper, this will be the Universe. Tephra Travelling really isn't travelling across the entire paper, more like bending it to take a very quick shortcut. Fold the piece of paper. Now the Universe is "bent", as the destination is only a short distance away.
This theory has been used in a number of other works, such as the critically-acclaimed novel A Wrinkle In Time, though more commonly in science-fiction novels or video games.
Lost and Found[edit | edit source]
According to the random event, certain teleports would go awry, such as spellbook teleportations or the spells used by wizards throughout RuneScape to teleport players to the Rune essence mine. When this would happen, the victim would become trapped in the Abyssal network. The player would then have to select the lever that was different from the others to continue.
See also[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 16 August 2021 (Update):
- patch 22 June 2020 (Update):
- nxt 13 May 2019 (Update):.
- Fixed a minimenu-related teleport crash
- Fixed an issue that infrequently caused crashes whilst teleporting (separately from the minimenu issue).
- ninja 26 June 2017 (Update):
- Summoning familiars will now be force-called to areas when teleporting, provided they have room to enter.
- patch 23 February 2015 (Update):
- patch 16 February 2015 (Update):
- Players can no longer teleport while sitting in the Throne of Fame.
- patch 7 July 2014 (Update):
- patch 7 April 2014 (Update):
- patch 19 December 2012 (Update):
- patch 11 December 2012 (Update):
- Teleporting using Sky Jump once again works on spellbook teleports.
- patch 9 August 2011 (Update):
- ’Teleport lag’ should now be fixed. This was being caused by the friends chat / clan chat interfaces adding too many components over time.
- patch 24 June 2010 (Update):
- Improved animation timings for a selection of teleport spells (mostly necklace ones).
- patch 10 August 2009 (Update):
- Scrollbars on side menus jumped to the wrong place if you teleported.
- patch 18 August 2001 (Update):
- Teleport spells no longer work once you reach level-20 wilderness or beyond.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to The Great Brain Robbery, Dr Fenkenstrain is allergic to teleportation.
- Some items like Camulet use the standard teleport animation, and not the one used for enchanted item-based teleports.
- Animations are slightly broken when attempting to teleport while sitting.
- The Magic Door Portal in Entrana Dungeon used to teleport players into level 28 of the Wilderness, now it leads to the small obelisk south of Draynor bank by the elder tree.
- For players who have a bad connection when teleporting, the whole animation won't show and will simply switch to showing the new location after the teleportation is completed. This could also happen when there is considerable lag due to masses of players.
- If a player teleports while on the sunken Tutorial Island, most teleport animations display the player in a different position than normal during the animation.
- One of the Mystics at the Stealing Creation minigame used to have a teleport option, where he would hit a player over the head to send them to their respawn point.
- A Jagex Moderator can teleport to anywhere in RuneScape. This is done with the Developer console and has been shown during many Official RuneScape Twitch streams.
- Sometimes, for an unknown reason, portal sounds can be heard at teleport locations and other random places in RuneScape.
- Sometimes when on a bad connection after doing the teleport animation. the character will wait a few seconds before appearing at the destination.
- Under special conditions, while attempting to teleport to an unknown or nonexistent location, it would return 'Invalid teleport!' as a game message.