The Helm of the Kuraski is obtained from the Mask of the Kura once it has been used to kill 800 kurask. The helm provides the same benefits as the mask, except for bonus XP, extra damage, and double drops. It requires level 45 Magic to wear.
Upon death, the helm does not appear under your gravestone however, if lost, it may be reclaimed from Diango for 15,000 coins.
- Once per day, while wearing the helmet, the next assignment the player receives will be Kurask. They will still need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns them – if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master will do so. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op slayer assignment.
- Twice per day, this helmet will teleport you directly to a choice of locations where kurask can be found.
- The helmet confers the same damage boost against kurask (but only while on assignment) as the slayer helm (mask only?)
- The odds of receiving the kurask head drop is doubled.
- A right-click "check kills" option announces total kills of that creature. The announcement of total kills is not seen in the chat interface but is seen above your character by those around you.
- Every kurask killed is tallied, while the helmet is worn. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- The player is free to switch between the helmet and mask versions, as a cosmetic preference only.
- A right-click option activates an emote in which the player is transformed into a kurask for a few seconds.
- This helmet will also act as a face mask.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 23 November 2015 (Update):
- This slayer mask is now hybrid class.