Passage of the abyss
|Passage of the abyss (unattuned)|
|Release||3 December 2018 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|High alch||121,200 coins|
|Low alch||80,800 coins|
|Allows you to store multiple compacted teleport items.|
|Exchange||71,577,242 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
It can store up to six compactable teleport jewellery items with a maximum of 5,000 teleport charges. A piece of compactable jewellery, such as the amulet of glory, can be used on the passage of the abyss to add its teleport options to the passage of the abyss; however, this requires 100 times the maximum charge of the jewellery. This can be accomplished with 100 fully charged pieces or any amount or combination of compacted or partially charged pieces. In the case of the amulet of glory, a total of 400 charges is required to add it to the passage of the abyss. This could be done with 100 4-charge amulets, 200 amulets at 2 charges apiece, or even a compacted amulet with 80 charges, 78 fully charged amulets, and 8 amulets with one charge each—so long as the total is 400. This can be done with noted jewellery.
It can be recharged with fortunate components by right-clicking and choosing Recharge, using one component per 500 teleport charges - an equivalent cost of roughly 2,490 coins per teleport.
The item can be recoloured to either red, purple, green, or yellow. Multiple passages of the abyss can be owned, each of which can contain different teleport items.
If the item is put on the action bar, it will use the teleport option. All teleport menus are also keybound.
The passage of the abyss is tradeable until the first teleportation item is added to it, which makes it permanently untradeable. When lost during a wilderness death, it vanishes completely, and nothing will be dropped for the killer.
Attempting to put a seventh jewellery on an already full passage will allow you to choose which slot to replace with the new jewellery.
Compactable jewellery[edit | edit source]
|Jewellery||Initial charges required||Cost per charge||Cost to add||Teleport options|
|Amulet of glory||400||3,227||1,290,800||Edgeville (bank), Karamja (Musa Point banana trees), Draynor Village (market), and Al Kharid (Shantay Pass)|
|Combat bracelet||400||3,019||1,207,600||Warriors' Guild, Champions' Guild, Edgeville Monastery, and Ranging Guild|
|Dig Site pendant||500||637.4||318,700||Dig Site, Senntisten, and Exam Centre|
|Enlightened amulet||500||1,146.6||573,300||Nexus, Graveyard of shadows (level 18 wilderness), and Desert Bandit camp|
|Ferocious ring||500||N/A||N/A||Kuradal and Morvran|
|Games necklace||800||366.63||293,300||Troll Invasion, Barbarian Outpost, Gamer's Grotto, Agoroth, Corporeal Beast, Burgh De Rott, and Tears of Guthix|
|Ring of duelling||800||640.25||512,200||Al Kharid Duel Arena, Castle Wars Arena, The Warforge, and Fist of Guthix|
|Ring of respawn||500||1,288.6||644,300||Lumbridge castle, Falador castle, Camelot, Soul wars, and Burthorpe bank|
|Ring of slaying||800||131.75||105,400||Sumona in Pollnivneach, Morytania Slayer Tower, Fremennik Slayer Dungeon, Tarn's Lair, and Slayer options (doesn't consume a charge)|
|Ring of Wealth||400||2,393||957,200||Miscellania (throne room) and Grand Exchange (Varrock)|
|Skills necklace||400||3,093.75||1,237,500||Fishing, mining, crafting, cooking, invention, farming, and runecrafting guilds|
|Traveller's necklace||500||1,623.8||811,900||Wizard's Tower, the Outpost, and south of the Desert Eagle's Eyrie|
Creation[edit | edit source]
|10,000 XP||5,000 XP||?||71,577,242|
|Discover: Passage of the Abyss|
|Teleportation compactor||1||150,799||[r 1]150,799|
|Magic parts||50||372||[r 2]18,600|
- ^ Calculated value given on the item page (generally based on GE prices of ingredients): [show/hide formula]
20 × Price(Magic parts) + Price(Imbued components) + 5 × Price(Enhancing components).
- ^ Price based on the GE value of Body rune as the cheapest price per component. See RS:Material prices § Magic parts for details.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 24 June 2019 (Update):
- When the entire pocket slot is one of your keybound actions activating a worn passage of the abyss no longer unequips it instead of opening the teleport menu.
- hotfix 17 June 2019:
- When the entire pocket slot is one of your keybound actions, activating a worn passage of the abyss no longer unequips it instead of opening the teleport menu.
- update 3 December 2018 (Update):
- Added to game.
- Passage of the Abyss is a pocket-slot item that can hold up to six different compacted jewellery all in one item! No need to carry around all of those teleports - now you can do it in a single item.
- Passage of the abyss can be created on a workbench after discovering the blueprint with 118 Invention. The player requires: 1 alchemical onyx, 50 magic components, and 1 teleportation compactor.
- It can store up to six of any of the compacted jewellery made from Invention.
- To add a particular piece of jewellery to the Passage of the Abyss requires 100x the maximum charge of the jewellery. So to add an Amulet of Glory, you would need 400 charges.
- You can combine any of the different forms of an item to reach this number, including an already compacted version of the item.
- Passage of the Abyss can be recoloured so that you can have multiple and have different teleports on each item.
- Teleporting with Passage of the Abyss removes charges from the item and can be recharged at a rate of 500 charges per fortunate component.
- Added to game.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When charging the passage of the abyss with teleportation items, the interface refers it as "ultimate compactor".
References[edit | edit source]
Compacted teleportation items