The Helm of the Aquanites is obtained after killing 1000 aquanites while wearing the Mask of the Aquanites. The helm has similar benefits to the mask, but does not provide bonus XP, extra damage, or double drops.
- Once every three days (day resets at midnight UTC), while wearing the relevant mask, the next assignment the player receives will be aquanites. They will also need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures – if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them. If the player wishes to receive this task from Kuradal or Morvran, then they must first toggle aquanite assignments in the Slayer Master rewards menu for 50 Slayer points. If they do not do this, they will receive a regular assignment instead, without any additional prompting. This restriction does not apply if seeking an assignment from Sumona, Duradel, or Lapalok. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op Slayer assignment. The cooldown period of this ability may be checked via the "Check Kills" option on the item's right click menu.
- Twice per day, this mask will teleport you directly to a choice of locations where aquanites can be found.
- A right-click "check kills" option announces total kills of that creature. The announcement of total kills is not seen in the chat interface but is seen above your character by those around you.
- Every creature killed is tallied while the mask is worn. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer experience and double drop effects to the mask.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player also unlocks an emote in which they can transform into an aquanite for few seconds.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 23 November 2015 (Update):
- This slayer mask is now hybrid class.