|Release||15 May 2015 (Update)|
|Destroy||If you destroy this item you cannot reclaim it. You will have to win more trinkets from Treasure Hunter.|
|On death||Always kept|
|Magical trinkets that give Slayer xp, note items and land a finishing blow when fighting chromatic dragons.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Dragon trinkets are a neck slot item providing a variety of uses related to dragon killing, with a number of trinkets being consumed each time they provide a benefit. Typically multiple trinkets will be received at a time - the item is stackable, and the entire stack may be equipped together.
When worn or in the inventory they will pick up and note Dragon bones and Dragonhide from green, blue, red, and black dragons as well as offer a teleport to their locations. They will also provide slayer experience on kills even when outside of a slayer task and have a 5% chance per hit of instantly killing the Chromatic dragons when their health is above 80%. Note that the King Black Dragon and the Queen Black Dragon cannot be instantly killed.
The trinkets could originally be won from Treasure Hunter between 15 May and 18 May 2015. 75 trinkets were given out to non-ironmen players on login on 15 May. They were also available as a potential prize from the Christmas Advent Calendar and later from Loot piñatas. Dragon trinkets were re-added to Treasure Hunter on 14 April 2016, along with Metallic dragon trinkets for a promotion lasting to 18 April 2016.
Five dragon trinkets can be converted into one metallic dragon trinket.
All of the automatically triggered abilities (Auto Loot Bones, Auto Loot Hides, Slayer XP and Insta-Kill) can be toggled.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Usage[edit | edit source]
|Dragon type||Trinkets consumed|
|Instant kill||Noting bones/hides||Slayer XP||Teleports|
|Baby blue, red, and black||1||1||1||5|
|Green, blue, red, and black||2||2|
|King Black Dragon||N/A||2||10|
|Queen Black Dragon||N/A||15|
Slayer experience[edit | edit source]
The following table lists the additional Slayer experience gained for each type of dragon killed. The experience is rewarded regardless of whether the dragons are the current Slayer assignment. The experience rates were doubled as a hidden update on 4 April 2016.
Teleports[edit | edit source]
It costs 5 trinkets to teleport to any of the following locations:
|Green Dragons||South-eastern Chaos Tunnels|
|Brutal Green Dragons||Pier leading to the Ancient Cavern whirlpool|
|Blue Dragons||Taverley Dungeon lava eel fishing spot|
|Red Dragons||Brimhaven Dungeon red dragon chamber|
|Black Dragons||Evil Chicken's Lair, or Taverley Dungeon Black Dragons|
|King Black Dragon||King Black Dragon artefact in Edgeville|
|Queen Black Dragon||Outside the Queen Black Dragon summoning portal|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Ancient relic (Smashing Relics)||N/A||100||Common|
|Summer piñata loot bag||N/A||50||Common|
|Treasure chest (player-owned port)||N/A||50||Rare|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 13 September 2021 (Update):
- The interfaces for Dragon and Metallic Dragon Trinkets have been refreshed.
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue with Dragon Trinkets awarding double slayer kill count.
- patch 29 June 2015 (Update):
- Dragon trinkets' red dragon teleport destination has been moved slightly to better avoid blocked tiles.
- patch 26 May 2015 (Update):
- The inventory icon for dragon trinkets has been repositioned, as per player feedback.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Shortly after the release of this item there was a damage cap of 12,000 for the 'instant kill' ability. This resulted in brutal green dragons (which have 15,000 life points) not being killed instantly. However, trinkets were still consumed.
- The dragon appearing in the instant kill animation appears to be Therragorn, the last living white dragon.