Dragon trinkets are a neck slot item providing a variety of uses related to dragon killing, with a number of trinkets being consumed each time they provide a benefit. Typically multiple trinkets will be received at a time - the item is stackable, and the entire stack may be equipped together.
When worn or in the inventory they will pick up and note Dragon bones and Dragonhide from green, blue, red, and black dragons as well as offer a teleport to their locations. They will also provide slayer experience on kills even when outside of a slayer task and have a 5% chance per hit of instantly killing the Chromatic dragons when their health is above 80%. Note that the King Black Dragon and the Queen Black Dragon cannot be instantly killed.
The trinkets could originally be won from Treasure Hunter between 15 May and 18 May 2015. 75 trinkets were given out to non-ironmen players on login on 15 May. They were also available as a potential prize from the Christmas Advent Calendar and later from Loot piñatas. Dragon trinkets were re-added to Treasure Hunter on 14 April 2016, along with Metallic dragon trinkets for a promotion lasting to 18 April 2016.
Five dragon trinkets can be converted into one metallic dragon trinket.
All of the automatically triggered abilities (Auto Loot Bones, Auto Loot Hides, Slayer XP and Insta-Kill) can be toggled.
This item was reobtainable from Treasure Hunter during the Smashing Relics promotion at the end of May 2017, and again from the Oddments promotion at the beginning of August 2017.
- ^ A bonecrusher will take precedence and crush any bones received. They will not be noted.
A player instantly kills a dragon using the trinket.
The following table lists the additional Slayer experience gained for each type of dragon killed. The experience is rewarded regardless of whether the dragons are the current Slayer assignment. The experience rates were doubled as a hidden update on 4 April 2016.
||XP per trinket (Dragon)
||XP per trinket (Metallic)
|Baby blue dragon
|Baby red dragon
|Baby black dragon
|Brutal green dragon
|King Black Dragon
|Queen Black Dragon
It costs 5 trinkets to teleport to any of the following locations:
- ^ Requires 30 Agility
- ^ Can be used in free-to-play
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue with Dragon Trinkets awarding double slayer kill count.
- patch 29 June 2015 (Update):
- Dragon trinkets' red dragon teleport destination has been moved slightly to better avoid blocked tiles.
- patch 26 May 2015 (Update):
- The inventory icon for dragon trinkets has been repositioned, as per player feedback.
- Shortly after the release of this item there was a damage cap of 12,000 for the 'instant kill' ability. This resulted in brutal green dragons (which have 15,000 life points) not being killed instantly. However, trinkets were still consumed.
- The dragon appearing in the instant kill animation appears to be Therragorn, the last living white dragon.