The Mask of Granite is obtained from Treasure Hunter, or from the Shattered Worlds reward shop for 72 million anima. It requires 45 Defence to equip. After killing 800 Gargoyles, it may be transformed into a Helm of Grotesquery.
- Once per day, while wearing the relevant mask, the next assignment the player receives will be Gargoyles. They will still need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures (Chaeldar, Sumona, Duradel/Lapalok, Kuradal, Morvran, Laniakea)– if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op slayer assignment.
- Twice per day, the mask allows the player to teleport (requires 75 slayer) to a location where Gargoyles can be found.
- The mask confers the same damage boost against gargoyles (but only while on assignment) as the Slayer helm.
- Killing gargoyles while wearing this mask will grant additional Slayer XP equivalent to the Slayer level required to fight them (in this case, 75). This is given regardless of the current assignment the player has and in addition to assignment and/or contract xp. The XP awarded by the mask can be boosted by items.
- Killing gargoyles while wearing the mask will grant double drops for every 10th kill.
- Every creature killed is tallied, while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer XP and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- A right-click option outputs total kills of that creature. If the helm has yet to be unlocked, there’s also a message to say how many more kills are needed to do so.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer XP and double drop effects to the mask.
- This mask will also act as a face mask.
- Once the mask has transformed into the helm version it can be reset with a Spirit of Battle. This allows the bonuses in slayer xp and drops to be used again by setting your kill count to 0.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 23 November 2015 (Update):
- All Treasure Hunter Slayer masks are now hybrid class.