"Ferry ring" redirects here. For the transporting method, see Fairy ring
A ferocious ring is a special ring dropped by the monsters in Kuradal's Dungeon. There is no requirement to wear the ferocious ring, except that players must have Kuradal's permission to enter the dungeon. Monsters in the dungeon can only be attacked if they are the current Slayer assignment (assigned by Kuradal, Morvran, or Laniakea), leaving an indirect requirement of level 110 combat and level 75 Slayer to obtain it.
The ring has many properties, including two passive effects:
- It provides a 4% damage increase to every hit when fighting monsters in the dungeon, including hits from damage-over-time abilities
- It acts as a ring of life when in the dungeon, teleporting the player to Kuradal when under a tenth of their maximum life points are remaining. Like a ring of life and regardless of charge, a ferocious ring will be destroyed after saving the player.
- A charge can be spent for a teleport to Kuradal, or to Morvran if unlocked.
The ring needs to be worn for the passive effects to work; it will not work from the inventory.
The ferocious ring disappears after all charges have been used, like regular degradable jewellery. If you only have one ring, using only 4 out of 5 charges is advised as you can still benefit from the ring's other bonuses until you can get a replacement. The ring can be recharged at a Slayer master using Co-op Slayer points.
Level 60 Crafting, Smoking Kills and 500 Slayer points are required to purchase the ability to add up to six fully charged ferocious rings (30 teleports) to any full slayer helmet variant to gain access to their teleports. The number of rings a player can fuse to it depends on the tier of the helm. Players can recharge the teleports by fusing more rings, or by paying 5 co-op Slayer points. The helm does not gain the ring of life property of the ferocious ring. Fused slayer helmets do benefit from the ferocious ring damage boost.
The ring can be upgraded with 100 Slayer points to allow its bonuses to be used in Morvran's Dungeon.
If a full slayer helmet containing ferocious rings is added to a tier 3 Slayer Lodge of the Anachronia base camp, the damage increase to monsters in Kuradal's Dungeon (and to those in Morvran's Dungeon if unlocked) will apply.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 11 September 2017 (Update):
- Ferocious rings now have a loot beam value of 50,000.
- ninja 28 November 2016 (Update):
- Slayer and ferocious rings now use the new teleport menu.
- patch 2 November 2015 (Update):
- The ferocious ring and legendary pet's Life Saver ability will no longer be used at the same time if the players health drops below 10%.
- patch 4 March 2013 (Update):
- The damage boost the Ferocious ring provides has been reworked.
- The ferocious ring used to look like Jennica's ring and, to a lesser extent, the explorer's ring, but after an update on 15 December 2009 the ring now has a blue tint, making it recognisable due to complaints made on the forums.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, as well as for a few months after it, the ring boosted damage by 40 with each hit, including each hit of multi-hit special attacks.
- When buying the upgrade from Morvran, the text reads: "You may now use ferocious rings to teleport to Morvran, and will gain benefit from them when fighting in his dungeon."