Luck of the dwarves (i)
|Luck of the dwarves (i)|
|Release||3 December 2018 (Update)|
|High alch||121,200 coins|
|Low alch||80,800 coins|
|A ring that increases your chance of rare items from extremely dangerous monsters across Gielinor. This has been imbued.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The luck of the dwarves (i) is an upgraded version of the Luck of the dwarves ring after being upgraded at Mazcab by the Armoursmith for 7,500 teci. This increases the damage bonuses of the ring by 2.8.
When worn, it slightly increases the chances to receive certain unique drops and rewards that are affected by the luck mechanic. It is classified as a tier 4 luck enhancer, in addition to also providing the effects of a tier 1-3 luck enhancer. The ring can be equipped right before the monster dies to benefit from the ring's luck effect. The ring also provides unlimited teleports to the Grand Exchange, Miscellania, and Keldagrim (Miscellania teleport requires Throne of Miscellania quest).
To "dis-imbue" your Luck of the dwarves (i) you just need to "use" it on the armoursmith.
The ring shines whenever a rare drop is received, not necessarily when the ring impacted the drop. When the ring shines, the following message appears in the chat box: Your Luck of the Dwarves shines brightly and you receive: # x item.
When the ring affects clue rewards it gives a different message and can occur more than once per clue: Your Luck of the Dwarves shines brightly and within your casket you find: # x item.
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Effects[edit | edit source]
The ring affects the following monsters and activities:
|Bosses||1% increased chance to get rare and unique drops from the following bosses:
|Treasure Trails||1% increased chance to get clue scrolls from monsters and to get Treasure Trails items from the following clue scrolls as well as the Giant Oyster:|
Comparison with other rings[edit | edit source]
|Ring of death (i)||None||20,768,019
|Ring of death||None||20,768,019|| 25
|Asylum surgeon's ring (i)||85
All Broken Home Challenges
|Asylum surgeon's ring||85
All Broken Home Challenges
|Onyx ring (i)||None||1,292,243
|Sixth-Age circuit||The World Wakes
and all optional requirements
|Hazelmere's signet ring (i)||None||1,686,657,284
|Hazelmere's signet ring||None||1,686,657,284||21|
|Berserker ring (i)||None||156,876
|Seers' ring (i)||40,800
|Warrior ring (i)||20,024
|Archers' ring (i)||36,254
|Luck of the dwarves (i)||None||27,306,193
|Luck of the dwarves||None||27,306,193||17|
|Berserker ring||None||156,876|| 12
|Superior leviathan ring||90 to make
|100 Pearls|| 15
|Ring of fortune (i)||None||1,772,795
|Ring of fortune||None||1,772,795||13|
|Ring of vigour||62
|Explorer's ring 4||Hard Lumbridge achievements||Free|| 10
|Ring of wealth||None||9,587||10|
|Asylum doctor's ring||30
|Explorer's ring 3||Medium Lumbridge achievements||Free|| 5
|Ring of luck||None||2,365||3||
|Explorer's ring 2||Easy Lumbridge achievements||Free|| 2
|Explorer's ring 1||Beginner Lumbridge achievements||Free|| 1
|Ring of potency||None||Free||1||
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is currently one of only two items to give tier 4 luck bonuses (the other being Hazelmere's signet ring).
- Previously, when looting the treasure chest decoration in a player's house, your ring would shine, even though it is a guaranteed drop of an elite clue scroll.
- On 13 November 2017, this ring (alongside other luck rings), were given a small quality update where it showed the item that the ring obtained for the player. However, a bug quickly surfaced which was similar to the ring of wealth glitch, causing players to receive a significantly larger number of rare drops than intended. The bug was hotfixed several hours after discovery.
- The name is a play on the term "luck of the draw".
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ JagexTimbo. LotD shines even when a guaranteed drop is obtained. Can we get clarification on if it shines when the LotD made a rare drop happen, not just when we get a rare drop?. 15 November 2017. (Archived from the original on 15 November 2017.)
- ^ ImRubic. TL;DW 301 - Patch Notes Teaser #27. Reddit. 24 March 2017. "Luck of the Dwarves removes unwanted items from the Rare Drop Table Raw Lobsters, Flax, Molten Glass and increases the chance of a rare drop by 1-3%."*
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 13 November 2017. (Archived from the original on 13 November 2017.)
Alchemical onyx jewellery