The amulet of glory is a dragonstone amulet enchanted by the Magic spell Enchant Level 5 Jewellery. It provides good damage bonuses for having no requirements to wear, is much less expensive than the amulet of fury, and offers useful teleports.
Using a teleportation compactor, you can make an amulet of glory (c) with up to 80 charges.
A trimmed version, the amulet of glory (t), may be obtained from hard Treasure Trails, but is no different than a normal amulet of glory aside from appearance and price. This version can also be used as an amulet of glory for emote clues.
A player using enchanted jewellery to teleport.
The Amulet of glory is useful when travelling in the Wilderness, as this amulet will work up to level 30 Wilderness, while most other means of teleportation will not work above level 20 Wilderness. Players can access the teleports by either rubbing it in their inventory and selecting their destination from the option box which appears, or they can right click it when equipped and select one of their destinations.
The teleport locations allow access to other transportation grids. From Edgeville, players may use the canoe system to travel up and down River Lum, and the fairy ring system accessible to the east of Edgeville (although the unlimited TokKul-Zo is much faster in accessing fairy rings). The underwall tunnel can be used to access the Grand Exchange (level 21 Agility required), access to the Spirit Tree network and the dwarven carts (although ring of duelling teleports you next to a spirit tree, and ring of wealth teleports you to the entrance of the Grand Exchange).
Karamja teleport puts the player close to the charter ship system (although the free and unlimited Captain's Log is about as close to the system in Port Sarim).
Draynor Village is close to Port Sarim for transportation via boats. However, using the Captain's log is much faster, and the explorer's ring 3 or the Port Sarim lodestone are also better in this regard.
Al Kharid teleport is at Shantay Pass, allowing access to the Kharidian Desert, the magic carpet system, and the gnome glider to the north.
After at least one charge has been used, an amulet of glory can be recharged by using it on the Fountain of Heroes below the Heroes' Guild or on The Tears of Seren in the Cadarn section of Prifddinas. All carried amulets of glory and rings of wealth, including worn ones and ones with charges remaining, will be fully recharged to 4 charges. Amulets being held by a beast of burden and noted amulets will not be recharged.
At level 89 Summoning, a geyser titan can be used to recharge amulets of glory by using them on the familiar.
On the Grand Exchange, amulets of glory are noted as either "Amulet of glory" for an uncharged amulet or "Amulet of glory (4)" for a charged amulet. Partially charged amulets cannot be traded on the Grand Exchange.
If the amulet of glory has any charges, wearing it while mining will increase the chances of finding geodes by 1%.
At level 47 Construction, the amulet of glory can be mounted in a player-owned house, within the Quest Hall. This will require an uncharged amulet of glory, and 3 teak planks. While mounted, this amulet can be used to provide unlimited teleports from one's house. It is possible to use boosts for this, such as the crystal saw. Mounting the Amulet of glory does not require the completion of Heroes' Quest.
Amulets of glory are very useful for Runecrafting through the Abyss, granting a fast way to return to Edgeville. They can also be used for Runecrafting law runes by taking the boat to Entrana, then teleporting to Draynor Village to bank the runes.
Comparison with other neckwear[edit | edit source]
Amulet of glory teleport options.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 31 October 2016 (Update):
- Amulet of glory teleport options have been put into a standard interface, rather than dialogue options.
- ninja 12 September 2016 (Update):
- The following items have been graphically updated:
- Gold to onyx rings and ring of slaying - regular, imbued & enchanted
- Brass, gold to dragonstone necklaces - regular & enchanted
- Gold to hydrix bracelets: regular & enchanted
- Gold to dragonstone amulets - regular & enchanted
- patch 22 July 2014 (Update):
- The Amulet of Glory has been rebalanced in Legacy mode to ensure that an Amulet of Fury remains the better choice.
- patch 25 March 2013 (Update):
- The amulet of glory and fury amulet have had their Prayer bonuses switched around to give the fury amulet more prayer points than the amulet of glory.
- patch 28 July 2009 (Update):
- Removed the 1-3 versions of charged amulets of glory from the Grand Exchange.
- Although the amulet of glory is a member's object the teleports it provides are to free-to-play spots.
- There used to be small dragonstones on the outside of the amulet when worn, but these were not present on the inventory icon or when mounted in a player-owned house.
- An update on 7 October 2009 made teleporting much easier when the amulet is equipped.
- An update on 24 June 2013 moved the Al Kharid teleportation option from the palace entrance to Shantay Pass.
- Despite having combat bonuses, the Monks of Entrana will allow this item to be taken to Entrana.