The Mask of the Aquanites is obtained from Treasure Hunter, or from the Shattered Worlds reward shop for 45 million anima. It provides several bonuses for players looking to train their Slayer skill, including bonus XP, extra damage, and double drops.
After killing 1000 Aquanites, the mask will become a Helm of the Aquanites. The helm has similar benefits, but does not provide bonus XP, extra damage, or double drops.
- Once every three days (day resets at midnight UTC), while wearing the relevant mask, the next assignment the player receives will be aquanites. They will also need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures – if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them. If the player wishes to receive this task from Kuradal or Morvran, then they must first toggle aquanite assignments in the Slayer Master rewards menu for 50 Slayer points. If they do not do this, they will receive a regular assignment instead, without any additional prompting. This restriction does not apply if seeking an assignment from Sumona, Duradel, or Lapalok. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op Slayer assignment. The cooldown period of this ability may be checked via the "Check Kills" option on the item's right click menu.
- Twice per day, this mask will teleport you directly to a choice of locations where Aquanites can be found.
- Killing Aquanites while wearing this mask will grant additional Slayer experience.
- Killing Aquanites while wearing the mask will grant additional drops for every tenth kill. This does include the possibility of doubling effigy drops and charm drops.
- Every creature killed is tallied while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer experience and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- A right-click option announces total kills of that creature. The announcement of total kills is not seen in the chat bar but is seen above the character. If the helm has yet to be unlocked, there’s also a message to say how many more kills are needed to do so.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer experience and double drop effects to the mask.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 30 November 2015 (Update):
- Fixed some typos when upgrading the Mask of Aquanites and the Mask of the Airut.