Life points are a statistic belonging to every player and monster that determines their current strength in continuing combat. Death occurs when an entity is reduced to 0 life points. All entities with life points slowly heal over time naturally.
All monsters have a predetermined maximum amount of life points. They will slowly regenerate life over time, and most monsters will fully heal immediately if they are out of combat for too long. For players, the maximum amount of life points is determined by their Constitution level. Every level gives 100 life points to the base amount, starting at 1,000 for level 10, and capping at 9,900 with skill mastery.
Life point boosts are also given by some higher level armours, granting a permanent increase to maximum for as long as they are worn. A small boost to life points can be gained by stoking a bonfire with 5 logs or bones consecutively, the Font of Life Relic power, or other effects.
Certain foods and potions (such as rocktail) can heal beyond maximum life points, but this functions differently as they do not increase maximum life points. These extra points will slowly drain over time similar to the natural healing mechanic, and other healing methods will not allow you to heal up to the boosted maximum given by these food or potions.
Maximum life points amount[edit | edit source]
- Player health and equipment
- Bonfires boost the maximum life points cap by up to 5% of the total life points originating from the Constitution level and worn equipment. This amounts to up to +495 at 99 Constitution, and an additional +202 (for a total of +697) while wearing the best life point-boosting equipment available in Daemonheim - i.e. tier 99 head, body, legs, and shield slot items, in addition to owning the Warped gorajan trailblazer outfit which gives a +3 level boost to Constitution (+300 LP) - and then bonfiring inside the dungeon. The boost is re-calculated each time upon bonfiring or logging in, but lasts as long as the current longest initiated timer. This means that you can pre-bonfire to set a long timer, and then enter a dungeon and buy the cheapest logs from the Smuggler to re-calculate the life point boost by bonfiring again. Without using Daemonheim equipment, the highest possible life point boost derived from worn equipment while bonfiring would be +158.
- The thermal bath, or an Ogre flask (thermal), boosts the maximum life points cap by +3 per Constitution level, for a maximum of +297 at 99 Constitution.
- Fortitude increases the maximum life points cap by +10 plus +10 per Constitution level, for a total of +1,000 at 99 Constitution.
- Font of Life increases the maximum life points cap by 500 when activated.
- Reaper Crew buff gives +200 life points
- Final boost
The powerburst of vitality is a powerburst potion that doubles the player's current[cap 1] and maximum life points for six seconds. If used with the player's maximum life points at or above 14,247 this would boost the maximum to 28,494 or greater. This allows the player to be able to reach the maximum possible amount of current life points: 32,767 (which is ). This is obtainable through Rocktail soup or Sailfish soup as they can allow the player to heal to 15% above the maximum life points .
- ^ On its own, drinking the powerburst of vitality will allow the player to reach the soft cap of 32,000 life points (even if the player's current life points are over 16,000).
Healing[edit | edit source]
Lost life points can be recovered, primarily by eating food or drinking certain potions. Being in close vicinity of a banker or banking facility will rapidly heal life points to full. Additionally, the thermal bath in Oo'glog and the Elidinis Statuette in Nardah can completely restore a player's life points as well.
There are also several items, abilities, and pieces of equipment that restore health under certain circumstances such as by manually deploying an item, falling below a health threshold, and gaining life points based on damage inflicted.
- Advanced pulse core
- Calorie bomb (swordfish) (monkfish) (shark) (cavefish) (rocktail) (sailfish)
- Portent of death and life
- Portent of degradation and restoration
- Snowy knight
|Defence cape (trimmed) (master)||X||X||X||Works like a non-degradable sign of life/portent of life.|
|Enhanced Excalibur||X||X||X||Can be used from your inventory.|
|Guthan the Infested's equipment||X||Passive effect|
|Guthix and Saradomin bow||X||Special attack.|
|Onyx bolts (e)||X||Passive effect|
|Phoenix necklace||X||X||X||Automatically restores 30% of maximum health if it drops below 20%.|
|Saradomin godsword||X||Special attack.|
|Scrimshaw of vampyrism (superior)||X|
|Sign of death and life||X||X||X||Resurrection on death.|
|Vampyric blood essence||X|
- Balanced Strike
- Guthix's Blessing
- Ice Asylum
Spells and prayers
- Bunyip - Swallow Whole, passive healing
- Fire, Ice, and Moss titan - Titan's Constitution
- Unicorn stallion - Healing Aura
- Vampyre bat - Vampyre Touch
- Void spinner - passive healing
Regeneration of life points[edit | edit source]
Natural life point regeneration is equal to 0.1% of your maximum life points every 6 seconds (1% of max LP per minute).
- Regen bracelet adds 0.2% to the base regeneration.
- Fortitude curse adds 0.1% to the base regeneration.
- Constitution skillcape adds 0.1% to the base regeneration.
- Regeneration aura adds 0.1% to the base regeneration.
- Dream lunar spell adds 1% to the base regeneration. In addition, it counts as if the player is resting.
- Rapid Heal prayer lowers the base regeneration cycle from 6 seconds to 3 seconds (at the cost of draining 10 prayer points per minute).
- Rapid Renewal prayer lowers the base regeneration cycle from 6 seconds to 1.2 seconds (at the cost of draining 100 prayer points per minute).
- Resting recovers 1% of maximum life points every 6 seconds which is separate from the base life point regeneration cycle - it does not benefit from Rapid Heal and Rapid Renewal's reduction of cycle interval.
Example 1: Using natural life point regeneration, Fortitude curse, Constitution skillcape, and resting all together will result in 0.1% + 0.1% + 0.1% + 1% = 1.3% of maximum life points every 6 seconds (13% LP per minute).
Example 2: Using natural life point regeneration, Fortitude curse, Constitution skillcape, and Dream all together will result in 0.1% + 0.1% + 0.1% + (1+1%) = 2.3% of maximum life points every 6 seconds (23% LP per minute).
Example 3: Using natural life point regeneration, Constitution skillcape, Regeneration aura, Regen bracelet, Rapid Renewal prayer, and Dream all together will result in (0.1% + 0.1% + 0.1% + 0.2% + 1%)*5 + 1% = 8.5% of maximum life points every 6 seconds (85% LP per minute).
Highest life points[edit | edit source]
|200,000,000||Party Demon[n 1]|
|7,500,000||Seiryu the Azure Serpent|
|3,000,000||Nex: Angel of Death|
|Life points||Summoning familiar|
- ^ a b c This monster is no longer in game or only exists during certain events
- ^ This is the amount when Solak is fought in 7-man mode
- ^ This is a total using 1,000,000 for each pool and 150,000 per mirage
- ^ This is the amount when Solak is fought in duo mode
- ^ This is a total using 250,000 life points for each of the 11 phases in hard mode
- ^ This is the amount for a single pool
Highest life point-boosting equipment[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 20 July 2020 (Update):
- Removing items or effects which increase your Lifepoints whilst under the effects of a Vitality Powerburst potion will no longer set your Lifepoints to 0.
- Lifepoints are now capped at 32,000.
- patch 21 March 2016 (Update):
- Players no longer retain their lifepoints boost after loading an empty bank preset.
- patch 15 September 2014 (Update):
- patch 13 May 2013 (Update):
- patch 11 December 2012 (Update):
- Treasure trail sweets, toffee apples and sugar skulls now heal an appropriate amount of lifepoints.
- update 3 March 2010 (Update):
- Today, we have made significant modifications to the Hitpoints skill, the most important of these being that all ‘hitpoints’ are now multiplied by 10 and renamed ‘life points’, and the name of the actual skill being changed to Constitution. The numbers you see will be bigger, but they will still affect things in the same way.