This article is about the quest item. For the discontinued item, see Disk of returning
The disk of returning is an item used in the Gower Quest. It can be used in the Dwarven mines north of Falador during the quest. After completion of the quest, it can also be used from any bank area to return to either the White Hole or Behind the Scenes. If lost, it can be reclaimed from Andrew during the quest and from the Crate of Returning at the Gower farm after the quest.
During the quest, it must be used at the south-west area of the Dwarven Mine (near Boot). It will teleport the user to one of three locations depending on the progress through the quest:
- The first time (and until the puzzle is solved), it teleports to the Black Hole
- Once the gate of Lloigh-enn has been entered, but before Thordur teleports the user on, it will return them to the White Hole
- Once Behind the Scenes has been entered, it will return the user there
When scanned while in the Black/White Hole or Behind the Scenes, it will allow the user to return to Gielinor, placing them in the Dwarven Mine (regardless of where they entered from), this method can be used for quick access to Living Rock Caverns. (Logging out in the White Hole returns the user to where they entered from; logging out in Behind the Scenes returns the user to Behind the Scenes.)
The disk cannot be destroyed while not on the surface of Gielinor; attempting to do so will prompt it to teleport the user back to Gielinor first.
If you have lost the disk of returning after the quest is complete, simply go back to the Gower farm and search the box next to the fire place. It can also be re-obtained at May's Quest Caravan after putting 150 quest points into the Hub Track.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 4 September 2017 (Update):
- Players can no longer attempt to use Moia's device or a disc of returning on an instance-only world.
- This item is based on the Disk of returning from RuneScape Classic.
- The destroy text will still reference Andrew after he has relocated to the Life altar after the quest, rather than the Crate of Returning.
- The examine text is a reference to players who used to drop the Disk of returning in the Black Hole, and being unable to escape.