Mask of the Troll
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Mask of the Troll|
|Release||29 July 2015 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you wish to destroy this item? Members can reclaim it from Diango in Draynor for a return fee of 1,000 coins. No progress will be lost!|
|Examine||A mask that displays your affinity with the trolls. Requires Defence (1).|
|Backpack||Check kills, Wear, Teleport, Change look, Destroy|
|Equipped||Check kills, Teleport, Change look|
|On death||Always kept outside dangerous area|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
It provides several bonuses for players looking to train their Slayer skill, including bonus experience, extra damage, and double drops. Players must wear the mask in order to get the kills counted.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||40.4||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0.01875%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Benefits[edit | edit source]
- Once every day (day resets at midnight UTC), while wearing the relevant mask, the next assignment the player receives will be trolls. They will still need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures (Turael, Chaeldar or Sumona) – if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op Slayer assignment.
- Twice per day, this mask will teleport you directly to the entrance of the Burthorpe Troll Cave.
- The mask confers the same damage boost against trolls (but only while on assignment) as the slayer helm.
- Killing trolls while wearing this mask will grant additional Slayer experience.
- Killing trolls while wearing the mask will grant additional drops for every 10th kill. This does not double effigy or clue scroll drops, but it does double charm drops.
- Every creature killed is tallied while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer experience and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- A right-click option announces total kills of that creature. The announcement of total kills is not seen in the chat bar but is seen above your character by those around you. If the helm has yet to be unlocked, there’s also a message to say how many more kills are needed to do so.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer experience and double drop effects to the mask.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Shattered Worlds Reward Shop||Shattered Worlds||3,000,000||Shattered anima||1|
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- patch 15 August 2022 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- F2P players also received this mask for free even though it's members only.
Slayer masks and helms