Mask of the Abyss
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Mask of the Abyss|
|Release||21 March 2013 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you wish to destroy this item? Members can reclaim it from Diango in Draynor for a return fee of 25,000 coins. No progress will be lost!|
|Backpack||Check kills, Wear, Teleport, Change look, Destroy|
|Equipped||Check kills, Teleport, Change look|
|On death||Always lost|
|A mask that displays your affinity with abyssal demons. Requires Defence (50).|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
The Mask of the Abyss is a reward that can be obtained from the Shattered Worlds reward shop for 135 million anima. It requires 50 Defence to wear. It provides several bonuses for players looking to train their Slayer skill, including bonus experience, extra damage, and double drops every tenth kill. After killing 900 abyssal demons, the mask will become a Helm of Warping. The helm has similar benefits, but does not provide bonus experience, extra damage, or double drops.
Upon death, the mask does not appear under the player's gravestone and is instead converted into 17,500 coins. However, if lost, it may be reclaimed from Diango for 25,000 coins.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||107.2||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0.9375%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Benefits[edit | edit source]
- Once per day, which resets at midnight UTC, while wearing the mask the next assignment the player receives will be abyssal demons. They will still need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures, such as Sumona, Duradel/Lapalok, Kuradal, Morvran, or Laniakea. If they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them. This does not work if attempting to set up a co-op Slayer assignment.
- Twice per day this mask can teleport the player directly to a choice of locations where abyssal demons can be found.
- Top of the Slayer Tower near the agility shortcut
- Near Markus at the Slayer Tower
- The Abyssal Area (requires first visiting the Abyssal Area using the fairy code A-L-R)
- The abyssal demon area in Kuradal's Dungeon (only when the player has been assigned abyssal demons by Kuradal, Morvran, or Laniakea)
- The Senntisten Asylum, near the abyssal savages.
- The mask confers the same damage boost against abyssal demons (but only while on assignment) as the slayer helm.
- Killing abyssal demons while wearing this mask will grant additional Slayer experience equivalent to the Slayer level required to fight them (in this case, 85). This is given regardless of the current assignment the player has, and in addition to assignment and/or contract experience. The experience awarded by the mask can be boosted by items.
- Killing abyssal demons while wearing the mask will grant double the drops for every 10th kill.
- The odds of receiving the abyssal head drop is doubled.
- Every creature killed is tallied while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer experience and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- A right-click option announces the total kills of the creature the mask is associated with. The announcement of total kills is seen both in the chatbox and above the character by those around them. If the helm has yet to be unlocked then there will also be a message to say how many more kills are required to do so.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version as a cosmetic override only – this does not restore the Slayer experience, bonus damage, and double drop effects to the mask.
- This mask will also act as a face mask.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Shiny four-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Shiny three-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Shiny two-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Sparkling four-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Sparkling three-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Sparkling two-leaf clover necklace||N/A||1||Uncommon|
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- update 27 September 2021 (Update):
- All Slayer masks have been removed from Treasure Hunter, and are now only available through Shattered Worlds.
- patch 15 July 2019 (Update):
- You can now teleport to abyssal demons within Kuradal's dungeon via the abyssal demon slayer mask on a demons cluster task.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Mask of the Abyss cannot be used in conjunction with the Tune Banite Ore spell to turn banite ore into abyssalbanite ore.
Slayer masks and helms