The Helm of the Parched Wyrm is a helm that provides several bonuses for players looking to train their Slayer skill. It is obtainable by killing 800 Desert strykewyrms with a Mask of the Yellow Wyrm, which can be won on Treasure Hunter. Unlike the mask, this does not provide double drops, extra damage or an XP boost, but does give access to an emote. The helm must be worn in order to perform the emote which can be accessed by right clicking the mask and selecting "Transform".
- Once every three days, while wearing any of the strykewyrm masks, the next assignment the player receives will be strykewyrms. They will still need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures – if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them, and then receive a random task as normal. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op slayer assignment, or when the slayer master is offering a special challenge.
- Twice per day, this mask will teleport you directly east of Al Kharid, near the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede.
- A right-click "check kills" option announces total kills of that creature. The announcement of total kills is not seen in the chat interface but is seen above your character by those around you.
- Every creature killed is tallied, while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer XP and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- The player is free to switch back to the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer XP and double drop effects to the mask.
- When equipped, the helm allows you to perform an emote in which you transform into a desert strykewyrm.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where this helm would give a Vyrewatch slayer task at Laniakea.
- patch 23 November 2015 (Update):
- This slayer mask is now hybrid class.