Helm of Grotesquery
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Helm of Grotesquery|
|Release||12 July 2013 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure you wish to destroy this item? Members can reclaim it from Diango in Draynor for a return fee of 15,000 coins. No progress will be lost!|
|Backpack||Check kills, Wear, Teleport, Change look, Destroy|
|Equipped||Check kills, Teleport, Change look, Transform|
|On death||Always lost|
|A helm that displays your dominance over gargoyles. Requires Defence (45).|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Helm of Grotesquery is the result of killing 800 gargoyles with the Mask of Granite, which is won from Treasure Hunter or bought from Shattered Worlds. It requires 45 Defence to wear. Level 75 Slayer is required to obtain this helm.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||90.8||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0.84375%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Benefits[edit | edit source]
- Once per day, while wearing the relevant mask, the next assignment the player receives will be gargoyles. They will still need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures – if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op Slayer assignment.
- Twice per day, this mask will teleport you directly to a choice of locations where gargoyles can be found.
- A right-click "check kills" option announces total kills of that creature. The announcement of total kills is not seen in the chat interface but is seen above your character by those around you.
- Every creature killed is tallied, while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer experience and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer experience and double drop effects to the mask.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player also unlocks an emote in which they can transform into a gargoyles for few seconds.
- This mask will also act as a face mask.
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 8 April 2019 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The helm's emote previously transforms a player into Sharathteerk, Zemouregal's gargoyle minion, rather than a regular gargoyle. With the graphical update to gargoyles on 29 September 2014, the helm's emote now transforms to a regular gargoyle.
- The helm's name is a reference to grotesques, decorative figurines placed on the sides of buildings. Gargoyles are a specific type of grotesque, designed to function as water spouts.
Slayer masks and helms