Slayer masks are Slayer equipment that can be won from Treasure Hunter, purchased from the Shattered Worlds reward shop, or purchased from Vic the trader. They provide several bonuses for players looking to train their Slayer skill, including extra experience, extra damage, and double drops every tenth kill. The mask can also teleport the player twice a day to the relevant monster's locations.
Slayer masks were released in two "waves"; the first set of helms allows a player to force a Slayer task of that creature once a day, and the second every three days. Using "Check Kills" on masks and helms with three-day cooldowns will display the time left until the task can be forced again.
|Force slayer task
||Either once daily or every three days depending on the relevant creature, wearing the mask or helm will allow the player to force a slayer task for the creature while requesting a new task from a Slayer Master that assigns them. Attempting to use the mask or helm with a Slayer Master that doesn't assign the creature will result in the player being told which Slayer Master assigns them. If attempting to use a slayer mask or helm for a blocked task, the game will inform the player of this and ask them to confirm they want the task anyway.
||Two free daily teleports to the relevant creature's locations. Some teleports can only be used while on a slayer assignment for the relevant creature.
||Every creature killed is tallied, while the mask or helm is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, removes the Slayer XP and drop modifier effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option. Masks and helms with three-day cooldowns will display the time left until the task can be forced again.
||Until the helm is unlocked, killing a creature while wearing the mask will grant additional Slayer XP equivalent to the Slayer level required to fight them. This is given regardless of if the player has a slayer assignment for the relevant creature. The XP awarded by the mask can be boosted by items.
||Until the helm is unlocked, every 10th kill has doubled drops.
||The odds of receiving a trophy item drop are doubled for relevant creatures.
|Slayer damage boost
||Until the helm is unlocked, damage is boosted 12.5% while on assigned to the relevant creature.
||Both masks and helms provide the same benefits as the Spiny helmet, Earmuffs, Face mask, and Nose peg.
||A right-click option outputs total kills of that creature. If the helm has yet to be unlocked then there will also be a message to say how many more kills are required to do so.
||After the helm version has been unlocked, a right-click option allows the player to switch between it and the mask version for cosmetic purposes.
||After the helm version has been unlocked, a right-click option is added to the helm while equipped that activates an emote in which the player is transformed into the corresponding creature for a few seconds.
At any point, the kill count can be reset by using a Spirit of Battle on a mask or helm. This will restore the Slayer XP and drop modifier effects if the helm was previously unlocked, and reset the helm to the mask equivalent and remove the ability to toggle between them until the kill count is reached again.
- ^ a b c This cooldown is shared with the other wyrms.
- ^ a b c Not confirmed.
- ^ a b c This Slayer Master can only give this assignment if it is toggled on in the Slayer Master rewards menu.
- ^ Must also be in possession of a Fire or Kiln cape, unless the Slayer perk has been purchased that specifies otherwise.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 15 July 2019 (Update):
- Slayer masks now correctly assign tasks when getting a task from Laniakea.
- patch 18 February 2019 (Update):
- Improved messaging when not having met the requirements to force a task with a slayer mask.
- patch 3 July 2017 (Update):
- Blocked tasks can now be given by a slayer master when the slayer mask for that type of creature is used.
- patch 13 March 2017 (Update):
- Players are now able to check when they're next eligible to force a slayer task with a slayer mask. This can be done via the 'Check kills' option on all masks with a 3 day cooldown.
- patch 23 November 2015 (Update):
- All Treasure Hunter Slayer masks are now hybrid class.
- patch 16 March 2015 (Update):
- Silverhawk boots, slayer masks and slayer helms are now left-click to equip.
- ninja 24 November 2014 (Update):
- The left-click option on slayer masks is now 'Wear'.
- patch 4 February 2014 (Update):
- Additional checks have been added to various slayer masks to ensure that cannons cannot be taken into the Chaos Tunnels.
- patch 10 September 2013 (Update):
- Players attempting to force a slayer assignment with a mask will now be given a message in chat if they don't have the requirements for that assignment.
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- Particles from player armour will no longer appear when using slayer mask ‘transform’ actions.
- Additional checks have been added to the Slayer masks to ensure that cannons cannot be taken into the Chaos Tunnels.
- After declining a Slayer challenge, players can now force a Slayer task using their Slayer masks.
- patch 2 April 2013 (Update):
- When asking the wrong slayer master for a guaranteed task whilst wearing a slayer mask, there is now an option to take their task or that of a different slayer master.