The Mask of the Automatons is obtained from Treasure Hunter, or from the Shattered Worlds reward shop for 72 million anima. It provides several bonuses for players looking to train their Slayer skill, including bonus XP, extra damage, and double drops.
After killing 1000 Automatons, the mask will become a Helm of the Automatons. The helm has similar benefits, but does not provide bonus XP, extra damage, or double drops.
- Once every 3 days (day resets at midnight UTC), while wearing the mask, the next assignment the player receives is Automatons. They still need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures – if they do not, the player is told which Slayer Master assigns them. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op Slayer assignment. The cool down period of this ability may be checked via the "Check Kills" option on the item's right click menu.
- Twice per day, this mask teleports the player directly to Automatons.
- Killing Automatons while wearing this mask grants additional 67 Slayer experience.
- Killing Automatons while wearing the mask grants additional drop for every 10th kill. This does not double effigy or clue scroll drops, but does double charm and Cresbot drops.
- Every creature killed is tallied while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer experience and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- A right-click option announces total kills of that creature. The announcement of total kills is not seen in the chat bar but is seen above your character by those around you. If the helm has yet to be unlocked, there’s also a message to say how many more kills are needed to do so.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer experience and double drop effects to the mask.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 5 August 2019 (Update):
- Capitalised The World Wakes in the requirements message for Mask of the Automatons
- patch 4 December 2017 (Update):
- The Mask of the Automaton now shows the kills gathered with it and the days remaining until you can force a task with it.