|Release||12 April 2011 (Update)|
|Destroy||You can get another vexillum at the clan scribe.|
|Backpack||Place, Wield, Teleport, Interact, Destroy|
|Equipped||Place, Teleport: Falador, Teleport: Prifddinas|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always kept outside dangerous area|
|A vexillum declaring a clan.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
The clan vexillum is an item similar to the previously released Flagstaff of festivities. It can be obtained from the Clan Scribe at the Clan Camp if the player is member of a clan. It is the wieldable counterpart to the Clan cloak. Wielding it shows the logo of the clan of which the player is currently a member, and any placed vexillum will display all current clan information when looked at by players. It has stats identical to a bronze longsword. Players can give the vexillum to another clan member by using it on them.
Stands for the vexillum only exist in the Clan Camp and Burthorpe however they can be placed anywhere in the ground, except inside the Grand Exchange, banks, in another clan's Citadel or close to an Energy Rift. Furthermore, the vexillum can not be placed within 11 squares of another. The vexillum can be placed on the ground by right-clicking it in the inventory, or while wielding it. Clicking wield will retrieve it, as will clicking remove while it is placed. However, the vexillum will still be placed even if it is banked, but only until the player is logged off, which is effectively the same as retrieving it. The vexillum may remain in a stand for up to 30 minutes or until the vexillum's owner leaves the area. Players can obtain an unlimited amount of vexilla.
The vexillum can teleport players to the Clan Camp and to the clan portal in the Tower of Voices an unlimited number of times. To do this, simply right-click it and choose teleport. This can be used for unlimited free teleports to Falador, as well as easy access to Prifddinas. However, this teleport will not work beyond level 20 Wilderness, or while in combat.
This teleport is the second fastest teleport to a bank in F2P (after War's Retreat Teleport, which requires 10 Boss kills and 60 combat), slightly faster than Archaeology journal or ring of kinship. However, the vexillum is equipped in the weapon slot, and cannot be used to teleport while in combat stance.
Vexilla can be edited by going to Clan Settings and clicking Motif. Two pictures and the colours can be chosen. Once satisfied, click Done.
The vexillum will be destroyed upon leaving a clan; to re-obtain the vexillum, the player must join a clan again.
The vexillum can tell members of the clan when certain events are occurring after editing notices on the noticeboard in your Clan Citadel.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Teleports[edit | edit source]
Trophy vexillum[edit | edit source]
The trophy vexillum is a visual upgrade to the standard clan vexillum that, once unlocked, can be activated by an administrator speaking to the Quartermaster (Clan Citadels). Clan administrators can switch the vexillum style back and forth by speaking to the Quartermaster again.
Trophy vexilla are only available to clans that have reached tier 7 on their Clan Citadel.
Originally, the trophy vexillum was only available to those clans who reached the goal in January 2012, but this was changed on 6 January 2012 to make it available to all clans who reached the tier 7 goal.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Clan vexillum teleport after Unknown date (edit)
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 30 November 2020 (Update):
- Attempting to view more information about a Clan while interacting with the Clan Flag will no longer force a log out.
- patch 18 August 2020 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to duplicate clan vexillums and clan cloaks by continuously giving them to a fellow clan member already in possession of these items.
- patch 3 August 2020 (Update):
- Clan vexillums are no longer placeable on or next to Archaeology deposit carts.
- patch 9 December 2019 (Update):
- The 'destroy all' option now works as it was intended when trying to destroy Clan Vexillum's in your inventory.
- patch 14 October 2019 (Update):
- A large number of items now have tooltips on mobile! These items include the Clan vexillum, Rune Pouches, Ring of Slaying and more.
- patch 7 October 2019 (Update):
- The Clan flag and clan cloak now equip properly in the world and in the clan citadel.
patch 30 September 2019 (Update):
- A specific proc used for the Clan Cloak, Clan Vex and Herald Cape has now been moved into the core wear prevention check
- patch 6 August 2018 (Update):
- Giving a clan member a clan vexillum will now check if they are within a reasonable range of you before giving it.
- You can now only give a clan vex or clan cloak to members in your clan only.
- patch 11 September 2017 (Update):
- Players can now claim a clan vexillum from the Head Guard in a Clan Citadel.
- patch 18 April 2016 (Update):
- Players can no longer place a clan vexillum inside a bank's healing area.
- patch 18 January 2016 (Update):
- The large clan flag in Burthorpe now cycles through the colours of the clans represented on the surrounding vexillum stands. Players can see an overview of the clans represented by checking this flag.
- patch 3 August 2015 (Update):
- Portable skilling locations can no longer be placed on top of clan vexillums.
- ninja 3 August 2015 (Update):
- Clan vexillums placed in the stands at the Clan camp and Burthorpe will persist for 30 minutes unattended to advertise a clan while the owner is elsewhere.
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- Clan vexillums, dominion markers and music boxes can no longer be placed on top of portable skilling locations.
- patch 17 November 2014 (Update):
- Clan vexillums can no longer be placed on the Hefin Agility Course.
- patch 10 November 2014 (Update):
- An issue where the clan vexillum would teleport players to the Falador clan camp if they selected the 'Prifddinas' option has been fixed.
- patch 6 May 2014 (Update):
- A confirmation has been added when using a can vexillum to teleport to the Clan Camp.
- patch 31 March 2014 (Update):
- Players can no longer attempt to 'Find' their clan vexillum when placed in a Clan Citadel.
- ninja 7 January 2014 (Update):
- Players can now teleport with the clan vexillum without needing to equip it.
- Marker plants and clan vexillums can no longer be placed at Dwarf Traders.
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- In the HTML5 client, clan vexillums no longer fly when placed on a stand in the clan camp.
- patch 14 February 2012 (Update):
- Clan Vexillums can no longer be placed underneath the Daemonheim Fremennik banker.
- patch 25 May 2011 (Update):
- The clan vexillum no longer reverts to default colours when using minecart travel.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the EoC, the Vexillum's attacking styles were just like any spear, which gave shared exp on all attack styles except the defensive one.
- When in the Fist of Guthix lobby, the Vexillum is referred to as "Banner" instead.
- On 26 July 2011, the vexillum was graphically updated so it only showed two separate images that represent that clan and deleting the combined images that were under it.
- Currently, it is not possible to sheath a Vexillum. Wielding previously made the player use the old standing animation before being fixed.
- Players often place a clan vexillum at boss entrances to let fellow players know they are bossing on this world.
- As a result of the Mindspike glitch, it was discovered that a Clan vexillum is counted as an NPC when placed on the ground.
- It is not possible to destroy more than one vexillum at a time. Attempting to destroy all vexillums in one inventory will only destroy one.