The Helm of Warping is the upgraded version of the Mask of the Abyss, one of the Slayer masks from the Treasure Hunter. It is obtained by killing 900 abyssal demons while wearing the mask.
Upon death, the helm does not appear under your gravestone. If lost, it may be reclaimed from Diango for 25,000 gp and no progress will be lost.
- Once per day, while wearing the helm, the next assignment the player receives will be abyssal demons. They will still need to go to a Slayer Master that normally assigns these creatures – if they do not, the player will be told which Slayer Master assigns them. This does not work if they are in the process of setting up a co-op Slayer assignment.
- Twice per day, this mask will teleport you directly to a choice of locations where abyssal demons can be found.
- The odds of receiving the abyssal demon head drop is doubled.
- Every creature killed is tallied, while the mask is worn. Each mask has a set amount of kills assigned to it that, once reached, "uses up" the Slayer experience and double drops effects, and turns the mask into a helm. The kill count continues to be tracked beyond this point, up to 1,048,575 on the item's tooltip. However, only up to 999,999 can be displayed to others with the "check kills" option.
- A right-click option outputs total kills of that creature.
- After the helm version has been unlocked in can be reset to Mask of the Abyss by using a Spirit of Battle on it.
- After the helm version has been unlocked, the player is free to switch between it and the mask version, as a cosmetic preference only – this does not restore the Slayer experience, damage boost, or double drop effects to the mask.
- A right-click option activates an emote in which the player is transformed into an abyssal demon for a few seconds.
- This helm will also act as a face mask.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 23 November 2015 (Update):
- This slayer mask is now hybrid class.
- The Helm of Warping cannot be used to tune bane ore into abyssalbane ore.
- Although the Abyssal demon transformation emote was updated to match with the new model, the helm itself was untouched.
- Before the Tooltips update on 13 November 2017, the max value of the helm's counter was believed to be 999,999 but this update revealed the max value actually is 1,048,575, which is 2^20 - 1.