|Release date||28 July 2014 (Update)|
|Main music||Webbed Feat|
|Strongest monster||Araxxi (Level 3000)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Araxyte Hive is a dungeon found south-east of Port Phasmatys and north of Darkmeyer that is home to the Araxyte race, and the location where the Araxxor boss fight takes place. The cavern can be accessed by using the shortcut on the southern wall of Port Phasmatys (requires 92 Agility) or by accessing the western gate of Port Phasmatys. The cocooned corpse lying outside the cave tells players how many have died against Araxxor that day, and hints what rotation Araxxor is currently on. The corpse also tells players who have obtained the Araxyte pet what achievements they need to get in order to get a new skin for him.
Once inside the lair, it is required to cross a small river of acid. To start a fight with Araxxor, players must attempt to open a "webbed entrance" at the end of the path, and are given the options on whether or not to create an instance or enter the non-instanced version of the fight.
No teleports work while within the Araxyte Hive. This includes, but is not limited to, the Ectophial, all teleport spells, rings, amulets, etc. The only ways out of the Araxyte hive are climbing the rope near where you enter the hive before actually starting the fight, victory, or death. Players will also be less likely to log out once Araxxor has spawned, as there is an extended delay.
A graveyard where the gravestones of players who die to Araxxor can be accessed by right clicking the entrance.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 18 August 2020 (Update):
- It's no longer possible to walk into multiple rocks inside the Araxyte Hive.
- ninja 5 February 2018 (Update):
- It is now possible to teleport directly from the Araxyte lair when Araxxi has been defeated.
- patch 18 August 2014 (Update):
- A small issue where players could see parts of Plague’s End from the Araxyte Hive has been fixed.
- The cocooned body outside the cave will now tell you what tunnels are open.
|Towns and cities|
|Points of interest|