The toy kite can be bought from Diango in Draynor Village for 100 coins. The toy kite was released as an April Fools joke by Jagex on 1 April 2008, toying with their players' anticipation of getting a Dragon kiteshield; similarly to the Dragon plate and Toy Horsey April Fool's pranks from previous years. The name was changed from Dragon kite to Toy kite the next day.
According to Diango, a huge shipment of dragon kites was ordered exactly one year ago but was delayed, leading him to believe that they were never going to arrive and that someone was playing a joke on him. He also explains, when asked how he got so many, that there was an offer of 'Buy 1, Get 1000 free' which Diango felt was too good of an offer to pass up. He refers to the price as a bargain and when purchased, cautions players not to "get carried away!" On 9 November, toy kites were prevented from floating away while playing Vinesweeper.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 24 June 2013 (Update):
- The toy kite can no longer be overridden with a dragon keepsake key.
- patch 28 March 2011 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to play this item's animation in tandum with the bullroarer animation.
- patch 10 January 2011 (Update):
- This item has been updated to allow female characters to hold it correctly.
- patch 2 November 2010 (Update):
- This item no longer floats beside the player when walking across balance logs.
- Upon its release, the Toy Kite was named "Dragon Kite". This was changed by Jagex to the current name because players would sometimes attempt to scam other players by claiming that the Toy Kite was a Dragon Kiteshield.
- The symbol on the kite resembled the old symbol on the Dragon sq Shield.