The Dominion staff is a reward from Dominion Tower. It requires 90 Magic to equip, and can only be used within the tower. It is received as a random reward through the rewards chest determined by how high a player's dominion factor is. It can only be used in the arena but can be equipped anywhere inside the tower. Upon leaving the tower, the Dominion staff will be unequipped or stored in your bank if your inventory is full. If both are full, it will be dropped. This weapon degrades to dust based upon how many hits you deal with it.
The Dominion staff provides infinite elemental runes when equipped - this effect only works with combat spells. This allows for free casting of standard elemental spells, and reduces the costs of Ancient Magicks spells to only the necessary death or blood runes. The staff can be unlocked as a possible reward after using all 3 types of bombs and a Help horn in the tower. All four of the power-ups do not need to be used in the same wave. Once unlocked, the staff can be obtained as a rare reward from any chest. As with the other Dominion weapons, the Dominion staff will not stack in a player's bank, even if all the staves have never been used.
- The dominion staff has a requirement of 90 magic to use which was removed in the update on 6 March 2012, then reintroduced in the update on 9 April 2018.
- There was previously a bug that allowed the Dominion weapons to be equipped and used outside of the tower, although a hotfix caused it to be extremely ineffective against most bosses and additionally degraded it upon attacking another player. The weapons did not degrade when used outside of the tower, but if it was unequipped for any reason, it returned to the user's inventory and became unequippable as normal.
- If attempting to use a non-combat spell while this staff is used as the only source of elemental runes, the spell fails, and a pop-up message states: "You do not have enough [earth/air/fire/water] runes to use this spell."
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 9 April 2018 (Update):
- The Dominion staff now has a 90 magic requirement
- patch 29 June 2015 (Update):
- Dominion crossbows and staffs are no longer referred to as swords when trying to equip them outside of Dominion Tower.
- patch 22 November 2011 (Update):
- The Dominion Staff now has slightly more charges before crumbling