For other variants of this item, see superior
For other variants of this item, see corrupt
|Release||15 October 2008 (Update)|
|Destroy||You'll have to get the equipment again.|
|High alch||180,000 coins|
|Low alch||120,000 coins|
|This item degrades in combat, and will turn to dust.|
|Exchange||13,452,540 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Zuriel's staff is part of Zuriel's equipment. It is a two-handed degradable weapon obtained by killing Revenants and the Chaos Elemental.
The normal version requires level 78 Magic, and degrades for 100,000 charges of combat before disintegrating - it cannot be repaired. Additionally, using the weapon's special attack will drain 100 charges, or 0.1% of maximum charge.
The Zuriel's staff can be upgraded to the superior Zuriel's staff using an ancient warriors' equipment patch. This upgrades it to tier 88, and makes it augmentable.
The Zuriel's staff special attack, Miasmic Barrage
Zuriel's staff has a special attack called Miasmic Barrage. It consumes 100% adrenaline and 100 charges on the staff (0.1% of maximum charge). A magic attack is launched at the opponent,
- blasting a 3x3 AoE attack dealing up to 200% ability damage per target (0.1% charge is spent per target hit).
- reduces their attack speed by a tick for 15 seconds
- halves their adrenaline gain for 15 seconds
This makes the special attack most useful for legacy dueling to delay attacks taken, though in most circumstances the small duration makes the change insignificant.
The damage dealt by this special attack will be increased while under the effects of Sunshine and Metamorphosis ultimate abilities, although due to the low damage output for an ultimate ability and the fact it requires 100% adrenaline to use, it isn't efficient to use the aforementioned ultimate abilities to increase this special attack's damage.
Comparison with other magical weapons[edit | edit source]
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- Miasmic Barrage no longer claims that every hit is a max hit.
- update 2 September 2009 (Update):
- As staves are no longer required for autocasting, we have granted some of the more special ones the ability to cause 10% more magic damage. Zuriel's staff is among the staves given this bonus.
- Prior to the EoC, this was the only staff which could unlock the miasmic spells, however these spells no longer exist in the game. Later on, the staff was given a special attack which is called Miasmic Barrage and has the identical animation to the spell that used to exist in-game, as well as very similar effects.
- Before the addition of its special attack, Jagex gave it a critical attack bonus to replace the lost miasmic spells, as previously the staff had only been used for the spells.
- At the time, miasmic spells could be cast on NPC's, however it did not slow down their attack speed.
- Although there was an updated version of the staff in the teaser pictures for the updated Zuriel's armour, the staff wasn't updated along with the armour.
- A silhouette of the updated Zuriel staff could be seen on the bonfire banner on the RuneScape homepage. The specific reason for this is unknown, but it may be a spoiler of the Zuriel staff being updated in the near future.