The attuned crystal staff is an enhanced version of the crystal staff that requires 80 Magic and 50 Agility to equip. It is made by Crystal Singing an attuned crystal weapon seed and 2,000 harmonic dust at the crystal bowl in the Ithell Clan district, giving 3,000 Smithing experience. The process requires 90 Smithing and completion of The Eyes of Glouphrie.
With this staff, you have a small chance of doing 25% extra damage on a hit. This chance varies with your Agility level and maxes out at 12% at 99 Agility. So at most, this gives it a 3% damage boost over the chaotic staff, which has identical stats otherwise.
The attuned crystal staff reverts to seed after 50,000 charges of combat, using two charges per hit everywhere except within Prifddinas, where it uses one charge per hit. The number of coins needed to repair a partially degraded attuned staff is scaled linearly to your current creation cost of a normal crystal weapon/armour seed. This reduces with each creation, starting at 1,000,000 coins, and decreasing by 200,000 with each creation, until five or more creations - where a creation/full repair costs 200,000 coins. However, the attuned staff cannot be repaired for coins if it is fully degraded, as it reverts to seed and has to be re-created with harmonic dust.
This weapon can be stored using a keepsake key, but only when newly made/repaired – used versions need to be repaired first.
Comparison with other magical weapons[edit | edit source]
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 25 January 2016 (Update):
- The PvP death value of crystal weapons and shields has been revised.
- patch 2 February 2015 (Update):
- Crystal mage weaponry is now listed under the Weapons tab in the Magic skill guide.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The harmonic dust cost to create attuned weapons and shields has been reduced.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Attuned weapons and armour now degrade to seed rather than to dust.
- Before 5 January 2015, attuned crystal weapons degraded to dust instead of reverting back to a seed.