The blisterwood staff is a weapon released as a reward along with the Blisterwood polearm and the Blisterwood stakes from The Branches of Darkmeyer. It is fletched from blisterwood logs and while making the staff, there is a chance of receiving a strange rock. All three weapons require 70 Fletching to make and the staff also requires 70 Magic to wield. The animation for the staff is the first of its kind to use particle effects creating a glowing pulse emanating from the top.
Despite originally being created against vyrewatch, the blisterwood staff is also a great staff for dangerous PvP, as it is virtually free to reobtain and at little effort. Considering the staff is cheap and has high accuracy, this is also a good general-purpose staff for less wealthy players, as an alternative to Ahrim's staff.
This weapon can be made on Entrana by smuggling blisterwood logs and knife to the island and making it there.
Blisterwood is fully effective against all vampyres, vyrewatch, and vyrelords/ladies; when fighting them, blisterwood weapons have the following benefits:
- Able to damage them
- Prevent juvinates in Darkmeyer (but not elsewhere) from transforming into dust and escaping
- +50% hit chance
- Chance to deal up to double the normal damage for that attack (including bleeds like Dismember)
- Every 50 vyre corpses cremated in the Columbarium grants +10 damage (a maximum of +100)
See Category:Susceptible to blisterwood weapons for a full list of affected monsters.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 16 April 2013 (Update):
- Players can no longer alch the noted version of blisterwood staff.
- patch 7 February 2012 (Update):
- The Blisterwood staff no longer causes player hands to glow when performing certain Agility animations.
- Unlike most staves in the game, the inventory icon for this staff shows the staff angled to the left instead of the right.
- The staff was originally much shorter, only slightly longer than most wands. Its length was increased significantly on 5 September, 2012 with the player model update. This change was likely put in place to justify the staff's two-handed requirement in the upcoming Evolution of Combat update.
- Until July 2013, players could cast high alchemy on the staff, yielding 15,600 coins, but this was patched by Jagex.