Limitless staves are upgraded versions of mystic staves that offer an increased accuracy rating. In the same way that their mystic staff counteparts do, limitless staves provide an unlimited number of their associated runes, e.g. a staff of limitless fire replaces the need for fire runes when it is equipped.
Limitless staves require level 82 Magic to wield, and can be augmented with the Invention skill.
An elemental impetus, obtainable from a Treasure Trail Master clue scroll, are attached to mystic staves to create limitless staves. This process requires 75 Crafting (which can be assisted) and is irreversible, and the resulting staff is untradeable.
Limitless staves degrade for 60,000 charges of combat to a broken state. They can be repaired by a repair NPC for 1,500,000, or for less on an armour stand.
Limitless staves can be augmented with an augmentor. They then drain charge from the charge pack instead of degrading normally. Augmented limitless staves continue providing infinite runes.
The base repair cost of the Limitless staff when completely degraded to 0.0% item charge is 1,500,000 coins. It can be repaired by:
Alternatively, it can be repaired on an armour stand in a player-owned house or on a whetstone device anywhere. This provides a discount of 0.5% per Smithing level (including boosts).
If it is only partially degraded the cost of a full repair is multiplied by the percentage of item charge that needs to be repaired to produce the current repair cost.
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106||
param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0||
param = cost|cost|1500000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 8 May 2018 (Update):
- Augmented staff of limitless fire/water/earth/air/lava/mud/steam no longer show item charge.
- patch 26 March 2018 (Update):
- Corrected an issue with the un-augmented limitless staff tooltips not showing correct item charge.
- patch 12 March 2018 (Update):
- Using an augmentation dissolver on augmented limitless staves or elite Robin Hood gear now correctly retains the items upgraded state and just removes the augmentation.
- patch 5 March 2018 (Update):
- A warning confirmation message now appears when players start crafting Elite Robin Hood equipment and limitless staves, explaining that the items will become untradeable.