The lunar staff is a magic weapon and piece of lunar equipment. It is created during the Lunar Diplomacy, so 65 Magic is required to obtain lunar staff. Despite the quest and wield requirements of 65 Magic, the staff itself has the stats of a level 50 weapon.
During the quest, it is made by using a dramen staff on the Air, Fire, Water, and Earth altars (in that order). Once the quest has been completed, the staff can no longer be created this way, but must instead be purchased from the Oneiromancer for 30,000 coins. The staff cannot be purchased if players already have one in their possession. The Oneiromancer has a fixed sequence in selling the Lunar equipment, and the staff is the first one on sale.
A player enchants a dramen staff to Lunar staff.
As an enhanced dramen staff, the lunar staff can be used to access Zanaris and use the Fairy ring transport. After completion of A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift neither the dramen nor lunar staff are required to use the Fairy Network and can be considered useless.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 12 September 2016 (Update):
- An incorrect message is no longer displayed when attempting to equip a Lunar staff during the Lunar Diplomacy quest.
- patch 22 February 2010 (Update):
- Rewrote a portion of code dealing with the lunar staff.
- Players can make more than one staff during the Lunar Diplomacy quest. However, they will need a small collection of dramen staves from Lost City and enchant them all during the quest. After the quest, this is no longer possible.
- The headpiece for the staff appears to resemble the Greek Caduceus, or the twisted serpents, which is the familiar symbol of the Greek god of thievery, Hermes.