Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||9 coins|
|Low alch||6 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside dangerous area|
|It's a slightly magical stick.|
|Exchange||1,866 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
The staff is the weakest, most basic magic weapon in RuneScape. Visually, the staff is identical to the battlestaff and the dramen staff in appearance. It is recommended to upgrade from this weapon as quickly as possible, as there are more cost effective weapons which can be used at the same level. The recommended upgrade is to an elemental staff, such as a staff of air which will assist greatly in Magic training.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
History[edit | edit source]
- Previously, one advantage of a mage wielding a staff was that it would unlock the autocasting feature, allowing the player to set the default attack to one of the 16 elemental spells (as opposed to manually selecting the spell and target with every single cast). On 2 September 2009, due to widespread popular demand, the autocasting feature was updated so that it no longer requires a staff to use.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, staves were one-handed weapons, allowing the use of a Mages' Book while wielding a staff. This allowed for shields or defenders in the off-hand slot, and helped people using hybrid tactics.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
This is an auto-generated list (update now). For a full list, see here. For help, see the FAQ.
|Zaff's Superior Spellcasting||Varrock||15||Coins||10|
|Corporal Boothe's Armoury †||Burthorpe||15||Coins||10|
|Gnome Shopkeeper's Armoury †||Burthorpe||? (edit)||Coins||0|
|Gnome Shopkeeper's Armoury †||Burthorpe||Free sample||-||1|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Barbarian Regular||28; 30||1||Uncommon|
|Corpse mage||21||1||2/384[f 1]|
|Corpse spider||4||1||4/195[f 1]|
|Crawling corpse torso||9||1||Uncommon|
|Dark wizard Low level||22; 30; 33||1||Common|
|Dark wizard High level||30; 35; 37||1||Uncommon|
|Infernal Mage (elite)||82||1||Common|
|Skeleton (Lumbridge Catacombs)||15||1||2/128|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- patch 17 May 2021 (Update):
- A Staff will now spawn on the ground during the fight with Chronozon in the Dominion Tower.
- Grand Exchange items
- Items that can be disassembled
- Items that are always kept outside the Wilderness on death
- Tradeable items
- Tier 5 equipment
- Two-handed slot items
- Magic weapons
- Items dropped by monster
- Items that disassemble into Stave parts
- Items that disassemble into Magic parts
- Items that disassemble into Padded parts
- Items that disassemble into Powerful components
- Items that disassemble into Imbued components
- Disassemble category/staff
- Items needed for an emote clue