The Dominion crossbow is a two-handed crossbow, available as a possible reward from the Dominion Tower. It is received as a random reward through the rewards chest determined by how high a player's dominion factor is.
It can only be used in the arena but can be equipped anywhere inside the tower. Upon leaving the tower, the Dominion crossbow will be unequipped to your inventory or stored in your bank if your inventory is full. If both are full, it will be dropped. It degrades, and only lasts for 100 shots before crumbling to pieces. It is also possible to receive more than one from the Rewards Chest.
This power-up is unlocked after the player has reached floor 25 in Endurance mode.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 11 January 2016 (Update):
- The Dominion crossbow is now a two-handed weapon.
- patch 29 June 2015 (Update):
- Dominion crossbows and staffs are no longer referred to as swords when trying to equip them outside of Dominion Tower.
- patch 22 November 2011 (Update):
- The Dominion crossbow now has slightly more charges before crumbling, and has been given a ranged strength boost.
- Dominion crossbows do not stack in the bank, even if all of them have 100% or identical charge.
- While the crossbow used to display the strength of any ammo equipped, it only did damage based on its 120 range strength.
- Pre Evolution of Combat, if the Dominion crossbow was being used with Swift gloves equipped, and the Swift gloves' double bolt attack activates, the second bolt fired would be taken from the player's ammo slot.
- There was previously a bug that allowed the Dominion weapons to be equipped and used outside of the tower, although a hotfix caused it to be extremely ineffective against most bosses and additionally degraded it upon attacking another player. The weapons did not degrade when used outside of the tower, but if it was unequipped for any reason, it returned to the user's inventory and became unequippable as normal.
- The Dominion sword, Dominion crossbow and the Dominion staff all have a requirement of 90 in their respective skill, which was removed after an unknown update and reinstated on 9 April 2018.
- Until it was changed to two-handed with the update on 11th January 2016, the Dominion crossbow was a one-handed weapon, unlike the staff and sword counterparts, and lacked an off-hand counterpart.