The penance master trident is a staff from Barbarian Assault. It requires 70 Magic to wield, and provides players with stat bonuses identical to ahrim's staff. This weapon is an upgraded version of the regular penance trident, and requires 220 Honour Points in each role to purchase.
When wielded, it will provide infinite water runes similar to an elemental staff. Like the regular penance trident, it will also attempt to 'save' runes used in any spell:
- The trident finds out how many different rune types you are using for your spell.
- For each rune type the trident makes a 1 in 15 roll.
- If successful it will save all runes of that type.
For example, the spell Earth Wave requires 4 air runes and 4 earth runes; there is a 1 in 15 chance that once cast, your penance trident will save either 4 air runes or 4 earth runes. The penance trident cannot save only some of the runes of any rune type, it will either save none or all of any rune type.
The Penance master trident's special attack, Reap.
The Penance master trident has a special attack called "Reap". It uses 50% adrenaline and causes 25-200% active spell damage.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 28 April 2014 (Update):
- The penance trident and penance master trident now use correct animations.
- Despite being a trident, the penance master trident is considered a staff.
- A trident is the weapon/symbol of the Greek/Roman mythological god Poseidon/Neptune.
- There was an animation bug when casting a spell with the trident, where it would use the casting animation for a wand rather than for a staff. This has since been corrected and it now uses the staff animation.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, the penance master trident's special attack Reap gave a chance of instantly killing an enemy with a combat level less than 50 (not including players, bosses, summoning familiars, or creatures that must be killed in a specific way). In PvP, 'Reap' had the same chance of removing a third of the opponent's current life points. The Reap special attack consumed 50% special attack energy. The special attack couldn't be attempted on NPCs above level 50. The chat box said "The Penance Trident only works on foes with a Combat Level less than 50." and no special attack energy was drained.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, the penance master trident, penance trident and the staff of light were the only 3 magic weapons to have a special attack.
- When killed in PvP 65k is dropped in place of the Penance master trident.