Dominion markers are rewards from the Dominion Tower. They can be placed on the ground, and anyone who clicks on it can read the owner's achievements within the Dominion Tower.
Known places in which Dominion markers cannot be placed within:
- Bank healing areas
- The Lumbridge Market
- Heart of Gielinor
- Fight Cauldron
- Varrock Dig Site
- War's Retreat
- Araxyte Hive
- Temple of Aminishi
- Dragonkin Laboratory
- Shadow Reef
- Dominion Tower Lobby (Can be placed within the arena)
There are four stages of markers. They are unlocked by killing various amounts of bosses in the Dominion Tower. After killing the level 112 version of Sunfreet, horns will appear on your marker with particle effects.
- Dominion marker (stage 1)
- Dominion marker (stage 2)
- Dominion marker (stage 3)
- Dominion marker (stage 4)
Moving too far away from the marker will cause it to time itself out; it will also eventually time out, regardless of proximity, after about 15 minutes. When it times out, it will automatically return to your inventory, and a notification of "Your marker was returned to your inventory" will appear in the chatbox. It can be replanted as normal. However, if the player's inventory is full, the marker will be sent to their bank. If a player logs out while their marker is planted in the ground, it will simply disappear and they will have to talk to the Strange face again to get a new one.
When placed near you, the marker offers a decaying visible boost in combat. This boost only activates when the player is hit by a monster, and only reapplies when the player's levels return to their base values. When the marker gives the stat boost you get the message, "You feel proud and empowered by your marker." While deployed, it also provides an invisible prayer bonus regardless of empowerment. 
In addition, the dominion marker can be activated in the inventory for a daily 30 minutes combat boost. This boost is smaller in magnitude compared to the decaying boost, but is static, similar to a boost from a God banner.
|Stage||Requirements||Static boosts in: Attack, Strength,
Defence, Magic, Ranged
|Decaying boosts in: Attack, Strength,
Defence, Magic, Ranged
|1||100 boss kills in the Dominion Tower.||+4||+9||+0|
|2||200 boss kills in the Dominion Tower.||+6||+11||+1|
|3||300 boss kills in the Dominion Tower.||+8||+13||+2|
|4||Complete all achievements.||+10||+15||+6|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 12 September 2016 (Update):
- patch 9 November 2015 (Update):
- Dominion markers, dominion medallions & hoardstalker rings are no longer destroyed on death.
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- Clan vexillums, dominion markers and music boxes can no longer be placed on top of portable skilling locations.
- patch 2 April 2013 (Update):
- The floor the player has reached will now display correctly on Dominion markers for Dominion Tower's Climber mode.
- patch 26 September 2012 (Update):
- Players can no longer take dominion markers into the Fist of Guthix arena.
- patch 28 February 2012 (Update):
- Dominion Markers now state that Sunfreet hasn't been slain if all other special battles have been completed without defeating Sunfreet.
- patch 6 December 2011 (Update):
- The dominion marker's duration when placed has been increased from 2 minutes to 15 minutes. A warning will appear when this is about to happen.
- patch 22 November 2011 (Update):
- Placing a Dominion Marker no longer allows you into the Stealing Creation waiting areas.
- Dominion Markers can now be freely taken into Soul Wars and Castle Wars.
References[edit | edit source]