Swift gloves are a set of degradable tier 80 ranged tank gloves with several passive effects that can be obtained in the Dominion Tower. They require 80 Ranged and 80 Defence to wield; however, they also require a number of additional skills, as 6 specific quests (see below), 14 other quests involving Dominion Tower monsters, are required to unlock the gloves.
While wearing these gloves, each auto-attack or basic ability has a 5% chance of firing an additional attack which: To clarify, Swift gloves will activate when a bleed is used, and will bind the target and lower the target's levels, but not deal an extra hit.
- If the attack is not a bleed, then it does 25% of the triggering attack's damage.
- Carries the same passive effects of the triggering attack (e.g. the healing effect of Sacrifice, or Ruby bakriminel bolts (e)'s passive).
- Binds the target.
- Lowers the target's Magic, Ranged, and Defence by 7 levels (does not stack).
They also reduce incoming ranged damage by 1–5%, with a 5% chance of reducing by 25%–50% instead.
Swift gloves degrade to dust after 15,000 charges of combat; however, they only lose charges with each damaging hit taken (including typeless damage); hits you deal (abilities or otherwise) and blocked hits (shield hitsplats) do not drain charges. This makes them last longer than would normally be expected of an item with 15,000 charges.
Colours[edit | edit source]
Swift gloves come in four colours, which are functionally identical. The gloves also all have a green particle effect.
|Swift gloves (black)||Swift gloves (red)||Swift gloves (white)||Swift gloves (yellow)|
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
|Total level: 1225|
To unlock the option to receive swift gloves as a reward item from the Strange face, players must meet a number of requirements:
- Defeat a total of 500 bosses in either Climber or Endurance matches. The victories do not have to be consecutive.
- Defeat the following bosses in the Tower at least once:
|Pest Queen||The Void Stares Back|
|Damis, Fareed, Kamil and Dessous||Desert Treasure|
|Karamel and Gelatinnoth Mother||Recipe for Disaster|
|Jungle demon||Monkey Madness|
|The Inadequacy||Dream Mentor|
The skill levels required to complete the above quests are detailed in the box to the right. These effectively function as additional requirements to obtain and use swift gloves.
While a pair of swift gloves cannot be repaired, it is possible to obtain multiple pairs from the strange face by earning another 25 boss kills in either Climber or Endurance matches; this will earn an invisible "reward credit" that can be exchanged for a pair of swift gloves, goliath gloves, spellcaster gloves, or 500 dreadnips. The strange face will store up to 15 such "credits," after which they must be redeemed in order to earn more.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 27 January 2020 (Update):
- Dominion Gloves no longer visually stall your movement when they activate.
- patch 3 October 2016 (Update):
- Swift gloves activating in PvP with a critical hit will no longer incorrectly stun the user.
- patch 4 April 2016 (Update):
- Killing harder bosses now awards more reward points for Dominion gloves.
- Dominion gloves now have 15,000 charges, up from 6,000. The degradation will now count down from 100%, instead of counting up from 0%.
- The Dominion gloves stat-reducing effect no longer stacks.
- update 3 November 2014 (Update):
- Dominion gloves have been restored to their former glory. They regained their passive special/stat drain effect in addition to the existing passive extended to all combat damage being reduced with a chance of larger reduction.
- patch 24 April 2012 (Update):.
- The Dominion Tower glove degrade percentages are no longer backwards when checked anywhere between 1% to 99%.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, the gloves randomly executed a special attack that fired an extra shot from the currently used ranged weapon. When activated on a player, it drained their Magic, Ranged, and Defence by 10%.
- During part of the Evolution of Combat beta, they were a two-handed ranged weapon with stats similar to a Zaryte bow. At this point, the gloves actually went in the weapon slot, and other gloves could be worn underneath but were not visible.
- After the release of the Evolution of Combat, the gloves were given a passive effect, which reflected some of the magic damage the wearer took.
- To counter the gloves' restoration on 3 November 2014, each reward credit now requires 25 boss kills instead of 5 (and dreadnips were given in sets of 500 instead of 100).
- On 9 April 2018, the level 110 requirement to participate in the Dominion Tower was removed therefore allowing them to be obtained at a much lower combat level.