|Release||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Buzzing with the essence of nature.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The nature staff is a magic weapon bought from the rewards trader for 12,500 Dungeoneering tokens. Players can store up to 1000 nature runes in it, and remove them at any time. When wielded, there is a 1/10 chance that a nature rune is not spent when casting a spell that requires such runes. A Magic level and a Dungeoneering level of 53 is required to wield the staff. It does not stack in the bank even if it has the same rune count.
A player must be carrying nature runes for the staff's effect to activate, unlike a staff of air, the nature staff does not provide runes for spells.
When the staff's effect activates, the message reads: "Your staff magically pays for the cost of the nature rune." (This message is blocked if the Game tab is filtered.)
If you have nature runes in your inventory as well as in the equipped staff, you will use up the ones in the staff first.
The nature staff's magical accuracy bonus is second only to the gravite staff's in free-to-play, and it does not degrade. Thus, the nature staff is a great alternative to the gravite staff for those who cannot afford the gravite staff, but at the cost of accuracy and damage.
Upon death the item is dropped and the number of nature rune charges remains constant. It won't be lost if picked up in under one minute.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Cost analysis[edit | edit source]
The following is a comparison of the cost per cast of spells using nature runes while using an elemental staff as opposed to using a Nature staff. The cost per cast when using the nature staff is approximate and assumes that exactly 1 out of 10 nature runes are saved.
For example, using the nature staff and foregoing free fire runes for High Level Alchemy results in a difference of -550.3.
|Bones to Bananas||-||331||337||-||297||341.3|
|Low Level Alchemy||-||-||-||297||-||615.3|
|Enchant Emerald Bolt||604||-||-||-||-||787.3|
|High Level Alchemy||-||-||-||297||-||847.3|
|Bones to Peaches||-||662||674||-||594||682.6|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Rewards trader||12,500||Dungeoneering tokens||∞|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 28 May 2019 (Update):.
- Fixed a number of issues with how Law and Nature staves behave with spellbook spell highlighting.
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- The nature staff is now correctly listed as free-to-play in the Magic skill guide.
- patch 19 December 2012 (Update):
- The nature staff now works correctly with the Enchant Jewellery spells.
- patch 19 July 2010 (Update):
- The law and nature staves from Dungeoneering now properly count when making various POH tablets.
- update 21 April 2010 (Update):
- Dungeoneering reward items have had their costs reduced to a more suitable amount. Anyone who has already bought any of these items will find they have been refunded the difference in reward tokens.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The nature staff previously cost 60,000 Dungeoneering tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.
- The nature staff was listed as 'Members only' under Skill tab or during level up, until the patch on 20 July 2015.
|Other Ranged equipment|
|Other Magic equipment|