The ascendancy mine is an item unlocked after 500 boss kills in the Dominion Tower. The mine does 2,000 damage against the quest bosses listed below, excluding the instances in the Dominion Tower. Two mines may be placed in a minute, with a notification appearing in the chat window when the minute is up. There is no limit to the total number of mines that can be used on a boss; however, they cannot be used to deal the finishing blow.
Upon claiming ten mines from the Strange face, another 500 bosses must be defeated to obtain more. Therefore, a player should claim their mines after every 500 kills to maximise the number of mines owned. Claiming this reward will not reset the total number of bosses killed.
Since ascendancy mines cannot be used within the Dominion Tower, if one has defeated all of these quest bosses outside of the Dominion Tower, these mines have no use.
The following quest boss monsters are affected by the mines:
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Dominion and Ascendancy mines are no longer considered non-stackable when checking for free space when purchasing.
- Despite the examine text implies it affects big enemies, only some bosses could be damaged with it, including some small ones like The Illusive.
- When deployed, the examine text is "Tread carefully."
- The deploy animation is the old animation of burying bones.