Red spellcaster gloves are a set of degradable tier 80 magic tank gloves with several passive effects that can be obtained in the Dominion Tower. They require 80 Magic and 80 Defence to wield. However, due to the minimum quest requirements to unlock them (see below), they effectively have additional skill requirements beyond this.
While wearing these gloves, each magic auto-attack or basic ability has a 5% chance of triggering the gloves' passive effect:
- Deals 25% more damage (except on bleeds)
- Binds the target for 3 seconds
- Lowers the target's Magic, Attack, Strength and Defence levels by 7 levels (does not stack)
When this effect is triggered, the auto-attack or basic ability will hit 0.6 seconds (1 tick) after the cast, and the stat drain will be applied 1.2 seconds (2 ticks) after the cast. The auto-attack or basic ability does not need to hit for the bind and stat reduction to be applied.
They also reduce incoming magic damage by 1–5%, with a 5% chance of reducing by 25%–50% instead. This averages to a reduction of 4.725%.
Spellcaster gloves degrade to dust after 15,000 charges of combat; however, they only lose charges with each damaging hit taken (including typeless damage); hits you deal (abilities or otherwise) and blocked hits (shield hitsplats) do not drain charges. This makes them last longer than would normally be expected of an item with 15,000 charges.
- ^ Item is not tradeable on the Grand Exchange.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- patch 8 February 2016 (Update):
- Spellcaster gloves no longer have the chance to work with threshold abilities.
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Armours no longer degrades from players taking damage from the desert heat or bugs in dark areas.