A chaotic staff is a two-handed magic weapon released with the Dungeoneering skill on 12 April 2010. The staff requires a Magic level of 80 and a Dungeoneering level of 80 to wield. If training exclusively through running dungeons in Daemonheim, two million Dungeoneering experience is required to attain the 200,000 dungeoneering tokens needed to purchase this item. Tokens obtained through Sinkholes and Sagas may allow players to attain it with fewer than 2 million experience.
Dying with a chaotic staff in the Wilderness results in the staff being converted into 40,000 coins, which are dropped.
The chaotic staff has 30,000 charges of combat (a minimum time of 5 hours). Once the charges run out, it will break and become unusable until repaired by the rewards trader at Daemonheim. When first purchased, it will have a 20% charge. Repairs are made incrementally in 1% portions, and the cost of recharging can be paid in two ways: coins, or a combination of coins and Dungeoneering tokens.
||2,000 and 200
||20,000 and 2,000
||160,000 and 16,000
||200,000 and 20,000
All repair costs are reduced by 5% if Daemonheim aura 3 has been earned.
Comparison with other magical weapons[edit | edit source]
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 11 July 2016 (Update):
- Broken chaotic staves will now show a model when worn by female characters.
- update 21 April 2010 (Update):
- Dungeoneering reward items have had their costs reduced to a more suitable amount. Anyone who has already bought any of these items will find they have been refunded the difference in reward tokens.
- The chaotic staff used to cost 400,000 Dungeoneering tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.