|Release date||29 November 2004 (Update)|
|Location(s)||Castle of Etceteria|
|Examine||The Queen of Etceteria|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Queen Sigrid is the queen of the island of Etceteria. She can be found on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of Etceteria Castle, but after Blood Runs Deep she moves to Miscellania Castle, on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] in the same room as King Vargas and Advisor Ghrim.
When she was a little girl, she dreamed of being a princess. However, she finds royal life boring, as rarely anything happens on Etceteria, due to the nation being small and insignificant. She spends her days winding up King Vargas, the ruler of the neighbouring nation of Miscellania, usually by insulting him, which causes him to declare war. Despite her treatment of Vargas, she thinks fondly of him and believes them to be a good match.
Throne of Miscellania[edit | edit source]
During Throne of Miscellania, King Vargas tasked a potential heir with restoring peace between Miscellania and Etceteria. Queen Sigrid was willing to sign a peace treaty provided Vargas recognised Etceterian sovereignty and relinquished his claim to her land. Vargas refused as the Etceterian national anthem, composed by Sigrid, was insulting. Sigrid agreed that the anthem was insulting and tasked the potential heir with composing a new anthem, as Etceteria lacks a bard of its own. After getting an awful anthem from Prince Brand and an improved anthem from Advisor Ghrim, she agreed to sign the peace treaty, granting a temporary reprieve to the Miscellania-Etceteria War.
Royal Trouble[edit | edit source]
During Royal Trouble, her goods are stolen by some teenagers pretending to be Miscellanian soldiers. When the goods are returned, she will ask you to give a letter to King Vargas. When read by the player, it becomes known that she harbours a love-hate relationship with Vargas, and that should he be freed from his curse and become human again, she would like to 'get to know him better'. This marks the end of the long-lasting feud between the two nations of Miscellania and Etceteria.
Blood Runs Deep[edit | edit source]
She loses her stepchildren in battle; her last scene in the quest depicts her crying during the funeral.
After the quest, she can be found living in the Castle of Miscellania.
Family[edit | edit source]
|Astrid †||Brand †|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b Queen Sigrid, "Throne of Miscellania", RuneScape. "Oh, who am I kidding... nothing ever happens here. I always wanted to be a princess when I was a girl. If I'd been told it would be like this, I wouldn't have bothered."
- ^ Queen Sigrid, "Throne of Miscellania", RuneScape. "Great nations? Don't make me laugh."
- ^ Queen Sigrid, "Throne of Miscellania", RuneScape. "Last time we met I called him a pompous old fool for thinking he was still worth anything as an adventurer. He promptly declared war, claiming the land of Etceteria belonged to Miscellania."
- ^ Queen Sigrid, "Royal Trouble", RuneScape. "[...]now he's declared war on Etceteria again! I suppose all those insults I made about his parentage can't have helped the matter..."
- ^ Letter, "Royal Trouble", RuneScape. "You're a warmongering fool, but so am I. I think we'd be well suited to each other."
- ^ Queen Sigrid, "Blood Runs Deep", RuneScape. "[Fremennik Name], I want you to have this. It's been in my family for generations, from the times when we used to send raiding parties to Waterbirth like the Fremennik do.It's said to be made of some legendary ore and sharpened on the hides of dagannoths, and is particularly good at killing them."
|Part 3 of the Fremennik quest series|
|Part 4 of the Fremennik quest series|
|Part 9 of the Fremennik quest series|
|Ape Atoll and Karamja|
|Land of Snow|