|Release date||7 March 2005 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||Mountain Daughter|
|Examine||He looks a little lost himself.|
|NPC ID||1379, 1808|
|Infobox (multi) • Talk page|
Ragnar is a member of the Mountain Tribe, a Fremennik group who reside in a Mountain Camp. He was betrothed to Asleif Hamalsdotter, the daughter of the camp's chief, Hamal. In Year 155 of the Fifth Age, the couple were supposed to meet up by the pool near the camp, where he intended to give her a necklace. However, she arrived before him and was killed by the Kendal, a man impersonating a local ursine deity. Unwilling to leave without her, the camp remained in the same spot, with Hamal and eventually Ragnar both denying that she was dead. Asleif's spirit would sing, drawing Ragnar to the pool.
Eventually a passing adventurer came by and investigated the disappearance. They interrogated Ragnar then slew Asleif's killer, retrieving her body. However, Ragnar refused to believe the body was Asleif. After the adventurer convinced Hamal, Ragnar admitted that Asleif was dead and handed over the necklace so she could be buried with it.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- After discovering the length of time Ragnar has waited, the player tells him to get a life. He responds by telling the player to consider falling in love. If Throne of Miscellania is completed, they will state they already have a marriage arrangement to either Princess Astrid or Prince Brand.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Ragnar, "Mountain Daughter", RuneScape. "You see, I was set to marry Asleif, the most beautiful woman ever to grace this world."
- ^ a b Ragnar, "Mountain Daughter", RuneScape. "I was going to give her a necklace, when we were supposed to meet here many years ago. I still have it, and since it was a gift for Asleif, technically it's hers. Take it, outerlander, and bury it with her. It will be my parting gift."
- ^ The player, "Mountain Daughter", RuneScape. "But but but... He's not a god! He's a man in a bearsuit! And he killed your daughter! And why didn't you tell me she's been missing for more than ten years?"
- ^ Hamal the Chieftain, "Mountain Daughter", RuneScape. "Fourteen years, to be exact. And I didn't say otherwise, did I?"
- ^ Asleif Hamalsdotter, "Mountain Daughter", RuneScape. "My father does not believe that I am dead. In his heart, he knows it to be true, but he cannot accept it."
- ^ Ragnar, "Mountain Daughter", RuneScape. "Do not say such things, outlander! She is not dead, merely missing. She will show up again... yes, yes, I'm sure of it."
- ^ Ragnar, "Mountain Daughter", RuneScape. "Sometimes I think I can hear her singing, but when I follow the sound around the pool I just end up here again."
- ^ Ragnar, "Mountain Daughter", RuneScape. "I do not want to see any of the corpses you're carrying around with you! Begone!"
- ^ Ragnar, "Mountain Daughter", RuneScape. "I heard the news from Hamal, outerlander. Alas, I have known this had to be so for a long time, but Hamal just didn't want to listen."
|Related to the Fremennik quest series|