Gudrun Gunthorsdottir is a barbarian living in Gunnarsgrunn and is the daughter of Chieftain Gunthor, the leader of the village. She desires to leave the village and find an outlander for a romantic partner, but her father is opposed to such ideas, considering outlanders to be a threat. Gunthor's obsession with treating the settlement as a raiding party greatly exasperates Gudrun. Despite her people's skill in Fishing, she is not very good at catching fish, often hiding the fact by sneaking off to buy fish from nearby markets.
She has a liking for jewellery, reacting appreciatively to gifts from her dwarven admirer Dororan, such as an engraved ring. She also has an appreciation for poetry and bards, like most of her people. During Dororan's attempt to woo her, she attempts to convince her father that they is no need for war, enlisting the help of Dororan, who attempts to encourage peace through a poem, and an adventurer who acts as a messenger. She reads the poem to her father, convincing him that they can honour their ancestors peacefully. Gunthor, pleased with the poem, makes Dororan the village's bard and allows Dororan and Gudrun to live together in the former Leptoc manor, south of the Grand Exchange in Varrock.
At the behest of Dororan, the player can engrave a ruby bracelet, dragonstone necklace, and onyx amulet, requiring levels 42, 72 and 90 Crafting, as gifts for Gudrun.
- In Norse mythology, Gudrun was the wife of Sigurd.
- She has a gravestone in the New Varrock graveyard which reads "Gudrun Gunthorsdottir. Gudrun has a good run."
- ^ Gudrun, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "I would love to leave the village and be romanced by exotic, handsome, outerlander men. There's a problem, though."
- ^ "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "My papa, the chieftain. He would never let an outerlander pursue me.[...]He thinks all your people are our enemies."
- ^ Gudrun, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "I think there's a difference between respecting my ancestors and obsessing over them. Papa thinks whatever stupid war Gunnar fought is still going on."
- ^ Kjell, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "Maybe you should sneak off to the outerlander city again? Buy fish in market, instead of catching them?"
- ^ Gudrun, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "It's lovely! There's something written on it: 'Gudrun the Fair, Gudrun the Fiery.' Is it about me?[...]This is a beautiful gift, stranger. Thank you."
- ^ Gudrun, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "That was brilliant! I must know who wrote that poem."
- ^ Gudrun, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "A tale-teller? A bard? My people have great respect for poets."
- ^ Dororan, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "The poem says you can honour your ancestors by settling peacefully on the land they conquered."
- ^ Gudrun, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "It's not in the village. It's east of here: across the river and north of the road on the way to Varrock. It's a big house with roses outside."