Brother Tranquillity is a zombie monk from Harmony Island. He is the starting point for the The Great Brain Robbery quest and plays a small role in the Rocking Out quest.
He stays inside the Harmony Island's windmill during the whole quest, first reason being the Zombie pirates walking outside, second being the sleeping gas enveloping the whole island. At this point, Brother Tranquillity asks the player to find a book in the Edgeville Monastery to repel the effects of the gas outside the windmill. Later, he asks the help of a surgeon to transplant the brains in the real bodies, adding the presence of Dr Fenkenstrain in the quest. Finally, his last request is to confront Mi-Gor, starting the fight against Barrelchest.
For those who have lost their Barrelchest anchor, they may talk to Brother Tranquillity to get a broken anchor, which can then be fixed by Smith.
Players doing Treasure Trails clues are sometimes directed to him with the anagram 'Quit Thy Brine Rat Roll'.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 14 October 2019 (Update):
- Corrected the master clue scroll anagram solution for Brother Tranquillity to QUIT THY BRINE RAT ROLL.
- patch 7 October 2019 (Update):
- Various spellings of "Tranquility" throughout RuneScape have been changed to "Tranquillity". Notably this includes the character of Brother Tranquillity. The solution to an anagram for a clue scroll to find him has been changed from REBIRTH QUAINTLY ROT to REBIRTH NOT RITUALLY.
- Brother Tranquillity has written a book named 'My Life as a Zombie: Bringing the Word to the Island of Harmony', which is present in any bookcase in the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede.
- The first time when he takes you to Harmony Island, your character says "Don't hit me", which is a reference to Pirate Pete hitting the player over the head for transportation.
- Even after his brain is put back into his body during The Great Brain Robbery, it still moves and stands as it did while the zombie brain was in it (with his arms raised and head tilted).
- He was formerly called Brother Tranquility, with 1 L.
- Because of the inconsistencies with his name, the Players doing Treasure Trails clues are no longer directed to him with the anagram 'Rebirth Not Ritually', but instead have the anagram 'Quit Thy Brine Rat Roll'.